Chapter 40

AN: Chapter 40 so I thought I'd make it a long one 😂❤

"And that is the end of term." He grinned, "And we have a party to get ready for." She sighed, "You're not happy about going to a party?" He raised a brow, "No, yes, no it's not that... I'm just tired." "Well we can just sit there-" "Like lemons?" "No until you are no longer tired... Anyway is because you're scared of getting another tattoo." "Shut up." She glared before softening her gaze kissing him.

She wore a monochrome jumpsuit, with a ruffle back, her hair straight for a change and a black clutch and her signature heels. Grace wore a beige dress, with pleats on the skirt and a thin black belt on the waist, along with some light brown flats and white tights. Jacob wore a shirt with a denim print shirt that he rolled to the elbow, black jeans along with some black suede trainers. "I look alright don't I?" He questioned, "Perfectly fine." She smiled kissing him, Grace took his arm "Let's go dance Smelly!" She giggled pulling on his arm, he lifted her up "Who are you calling Smelly." He joked throwing her in the air and catching her "You." She giggled sticking her tounge out, "I don't care who's smelly can we go and get in the car?" Connie smiled at the pair, Jacob laughed and took Grace out the car while she locked up the house.

They walked inside the building, Connie sighed gently "Con, we can go whenever you like okay?" She nodded with a smile, "Okay." She went to the bar ordering their drinks before coming back to table, "You not drinking?" "I'm driving." "I could al-" "No." She looked, he laughed gently looking at her "You know you should have a little more faith." "I would if you could drive." She smirked. A few of her colleagues came over and she sat liaising with them, Jacob sat with Grace on his knee happily. "Smelly, come and dance." She begged, "I don't know who you are calling Smelly fairy princess Firecracker." He joked, "You." She laughed, he tickled her gently "I'm not Smelly you're Smelly." He laughed as she giggled loudly, "No... You." Connie found her eyes drifting to the pair a warm smile growing on her lips, "Connie... Connie." "Oh, sorry... what did you say?" "I was just asking how the terms been." "Um, yeah good."

"Mummy! Look, it's Hugo." Grace smiled fondly, Connie smiled "Well why not go and play with him?" Grace nodded and hopped off Jacob's knee, skipping over to him, in her own little world. "You okay Smelly?" She smirked resting her head on his shoulder, "Oh don't you start Sweetcheeks." He joked, she chuckled kissing his cheek. "Sorry, I know this is boring." He shook his head "Not at all, after having to hide you away, this is fine." She nodded sighing a little "I'm staving." She groaned "We had dinner already." He looked "And don't tell me you wouldn't want to leave and get a kebab... oh kebab sounds so good right now." She whined, he just looked at her laughing "You are one of a kind." He smiled "Likewise." Grace came skipping over with Hugo. "Mummy! Hugos Mummy is having a baby." She gasped, "She's not my mummy." Hugo looked to Grace, "Oh... Is she a Jacob." She smiled sitting on Jacob's knee, "What do you mean?" He asked innocently, "Jacob's not my Daddy but I love him just as much... He looks after me and my mummy." She smiled sweetly, Connie and Jacob looked to eachother smiling. Jacob kissed her forehead gently, "I love you too." Grace smiled, "I don't like Kira." He mumbled, "Oh... Mummy can you have a baby for my birthday? If I can't have a puppy." She smiled innocently both Jacob and Connie burst out laughing, "It doesn't quite work like that... Um like Hugo's... Hugo's daddy's friend you have to get pregnant first then that takes nine months for the baby to come." "Well do that that then." Jacob was still laughing, "Erm... not for some time baby." Grace nodded looking down, "So can I have a puppy then? Or do I have to think of something else?... I'd look after the baby I promise." Connie laughed gently, "We will see about the puppy okay?" "Okay." She beamed going off back to playing with Hugo.

Jacob wiped his eyes from the tears of laughter he just shed, "Oh, God... she is also one of a bloody kind." He chuckled, "You can say that again." She laughed, "It was worth coming just for that." He looked, she exhaled shaking her head, a chuckle escaping her. "On the brightside a puppy seems easier to the alternative." He smirked, she narrowed her eyes "There won't be any thought of a puppy at this rate Mr.Masters." "I think you've warmed to the idea Miss.Chase... so we'll see." They both looked up hearing shouting, "You're not my mummy!" "Hugo, stop shouting please... it's not good for Kira and the baby." His dad reasoned, "You're going to be a bad mummy anyway!" Hugo added before running off outside, Connie frowned, as Grace came back over watching how his dad sat down. "Jacob... his three or four year old son has just ran off and his main concern is his girlfriend, who Yeah may be a little upset, but is perfectly fine." Jacob looked standing up, taking Grace's hand, "Come on, let's go find him... he is Fairy Princess Firecracker's friend after all." He smiled, Connie shook her head "I'm not even going to ask." She mumbled getting up.

Going outside, the three of them looking for him. Going on the car park, Connie saw him sat on the floor "Jacob." She looked pointing over at him, he sighed gently kissing her head before the walked over "Hugo are you okay?" Grace questioned, he nodded crying, "Gracie, give Hugo a minute baby." Connie smiled Gently, she nodded as Jacob lifted her up. Connie sat down next to him, "Hugo?" He nodded a little, "You shouldn't run away on to a car park expecially, it's dark and you could be hurt." He shrugged gently, "Will I get to see my Mummy then?" Jacob frowned looking at Connie. "Hugo? If you want to see your Mummy I can get your Daddy to phone her." "Daddy use to phone her and I heard her voice and I talked to her... but she didn't reply." He spoke quietly, crying more. "Hugo, what do you mean?" "Mummy got ill, Daddy said she had go to sleep for a while... he stopped phoning when he met Kira, it's all her fault." Connie sighed heavily, Jacob sat down next to him on the other side. Grace moved over to her Mum "Mummy what does Hugo mean?" She whispered, "I'll talk to you later baby." Connie whispered back. "Hugo?" Jacob spoke softly, he looked a little, "My Mummy went to sleep too." Hugo looked more, "You know it's okay and one day you will see her again." "How long?" "It might be a very long time, but she's always watching you and making sure you're okay." He nodded slowly, "Do you Miss your Mummy too?" Jacob nodded "Yeah... Very very much." "Me too." He whispered, "Tell me about your mummy." He smiled, "She was pretty, she hand yellow hair and she was funny and gave me big hugs when I was upset and she told me the best stories ever." "She sounds wonderful... You know it's not Kira's fault." "But I don't like her... she doesn't like me either, I heard her tell my Daddy and Daddy said I can be... I can be a pain but it's not his fault." "I'm sure they didn't mean it." Connie looked, "They do Grace's Mummy... that's why he wants to send me away when the stupid new baby's born." "How about I ask your Daddy if you can stay over at our house tonight?" "Really?" He smiled, she nodded "I'll have to ask him though." "Okay." He smiled

"Hugo!" His dad yelled as he came over, "I was looking everywhere." He uttered, Connie scoffed "Connie." Jacob whispered, she exhaled. "Daddy... Can I stay at Grace's tonight? Please... I'll be extra good." "Erm... it's up to Grace's Mum." "It's okay." Connie smiled, "Well then yeah... I guess." He looked, he smiled "Thank you." Hugo smiled, "I'll say bye when you are going." "Um... we are now if that's okay." "Oh yeah course... Bye Hugo." "Bye Daddy."

The four of them walked in the house, "Hugo, I'll show you my room!" Grace giggled, "Gracie... it's bedtime." "Can Hugo stay in my room?" "Yeah, we need to find Hugo something to wear anyway." She smiled following them upstairs. "Hugo can wear this." Grace smiled pulling out a pink nighty, "Um how about Hugo picks." Grace nodded, he picked out a top and pants "This will be okay." He smiled kindly "Okay." Connie smiled. They changed "Where is Hugo going to sleep in here?" "Well if I go and get a pillow you can top and tail." "What's that?" Grace frowned, "I'll show you." She smiled, going to get a pillow. She came back placing a pillow on the opposite end, lifting Grace up she tucked her in before doing the same with Hugo on the other side. "There we go." She smiled, Grace giggled looking down at Hugo, who laughed also. "Night... if you need me shout me." "Okay." They both smiled, "Night mummy." "Night Grace's Mummy."

She came back down coming sitting across his lap, "You okay?" She asked quietly, he nodded "Yeah." He smiled, "I just know you don't like talking about your mum a lot." He shrugged, "He was upset... makes me feel lucky though." He exhaled, "At least I got so much time with my mum." Connie sighed "I know." He kissed her gently, "Looking everywhere. He didn't look that far did he." He chuckled "Stop it..." "It's true." She protested, he laughed "What has he ended up in?" "Grace wanted him to wear a bloody nighty." She laughed, "He picked some pants and a top." He nodded and kissed her again, "If I didn't love you already, I love you even more." He smiled, she smiled kissing him. "Now I wanted a kebab." She smirked, he shook his head laughing, pulling his phone out. She grinned "Yeah, I love you a lot!" He laughed "Good."