Chapter 39

AN: I've decided to post this and a little later I'll post chapter 40 tonight x

"Mummy?" Grace looked as the three walked through the woods, "Yes baby." Connie looked, "I know what I want for my birthday." She smiled confidently, "And what's that?" Connie looked seeing the happy grin on her face. "A puppy." She looked, "What?" "I want a puppy, a real one and then we can walk it." She smiled, "Erm... What about toys, toys are nice and fun and don't make mess or noise-" "Some do." Jacob bit his lip trying not to laugh. "Grace, I'll race you to that tree." He smiled, "Okay." "Careful!" Connie yelled as they ran.

Once home Connie made Grace a sandwich and Coffees for both her and Jacob. "A puppy?" She whispered to Jacob, he raised his shoulders "It would be cute." "Until it was barking the house down, making a mess every where. Until she got bored of it which would be approximately a day. She going to be four, the attention span isn't that long." Jacob nodded "Well don't get a puppy-" "She wants a puppy." "Well get her a puppy." "You're really helpful." She mumbled hearing her phone go off, "Grace it's daddy!" Grace came and got the phone, skipping off to the living room talking to Sam. "Look it's just very... domestic." She looked, he shrugged "What's wrong with that?" "I'm not very domestic... it's just what all couples who move in together seem to do and I don't want us to he like all couples-" "You mean if we broke up fight over who gets the bloody dog?... didn't Cheryl or some celeb share custody of a dog. we could always do that Sweetcheeks." He teased, she rolled her eyes "No. That's not what I mean. Anyway nobody will be home till late." "Could be later." "You know I'm starting to think you want a puppy too." She looked, "But they are cute." She looked at him, "I'll think about it." Turning on her heel she went to place her empty mug in the kitchen, peering around the door he winked to Grace making her face light up.

"Mummy, daddy wants to speak with you." Grace looked, Connie nodded taking the phone.
"Sam?"
"Connie, Grace's birthday obviously I'm not going to he here so I was going to transfer you money to get her gifts that she wants."
"Okay, yeah that fine... you will call on her birthday won't you?"
"Yeah course."
"Okay, I should be off do you want to say bye  to her?"
"Already done."
"Okay well bye."
"Bye."

"Look if it's that much of an issue, it could sleep outside." Jacob looked, "Leave the thing to freeze, no. I'm crule but I'm not that crule." He chuckled, kissing her gently "You're not crule and dogs have fur." "I wouldn't be leaving the dog outside end of." "Okay. Okay." He smiled, You okay after the other day?" He asked kindly, she nodded "Yeah, I'm fine." "Good." He smiled kissing her once again.

He looked over at her as they lay in bed, seeing her phone screen on. "You okay?" She nodded "Yeah, I'll go to sleep in a minute I'm just looking at stuff." "Like what?" He questioned, moving his arm around her. "If you must know... breeds of dogs." She mumbled, "Thought we weren't getting one?" He smirked "Well, it's her fourth birthday... I guess she can." Jacob smiled kissing her shoulder. She locked her phone placing it down, "Oh and you do know she's having a party right?" He nodded "Course." "Fifteen screaming three to four year olds running round the house, not including Grace." He hummed "I know." "Why are they coming here?" He asked, "We're getting some bouncy castle, thing." He nodded "Connie... I want to put money-" "No. I know what you'll get the money from no." She looked sternly "But-" "No. She's not yours, you don't have to feel guilty... that money is for Uni, your mum saved it for that, not for anything else." He sighed "Connie... I just feel like a bit of a scrounger." She frowned "What why?" She looked "Well I live here, I don't pay any bills and all my money comes from my grandparents or you... it just makes sense." She rolled her eyes, "Jacob. You're studying to go to university then you'll have a career." He nodded "What if I got a part time job?" She looked at him, "It could work but when would you study because I know you and all your free time you'd want to spend with family of friends." "That's true." He sighed, she nodded "Hey, you're not a scrounger." She spoke softly. He nodded, "You know, I never knew what I wanted to be until a couple months ago... not long after my mum had died." She nodded "What is it?" "I think I want to be a teacher... but not with teenagers, I don't know how you do it, but like reception kids or even year one." She smiled warmly "Well then, you be that... is it became you're a big kid?" She whispered, he laughed gently "Probably." She pressed her lips to his "You be whatever you want to be." "Yeah but have I take the right A-levels?" He sighed, "We'll look at it together on Monday lunch." She smiled, he nodded, he pulled her on top of him, "I love you." "I love you too." She smiled.