Chapter 104

Connie got up off the sofa hearing the doorbell ring, she opened it smiling seeing Lucas stood there, "Jacob's out with some friends, you can come in if you like?" She smiled gently, "You don't mind?" He questioned, she shook her head "Does you Dad know you're here?" She smiled, as he followed her back into the living room, "No but he works late so it doesn't really matter." He smiled, she nodded "Would you like a drink or anything to eat?" "Um... water would be nice." He commented, she smiled fondly, thinking how Jacob always would say the same thing, "You can put the tv on anything... it's all rubbish to me." She laughed going to get him a drink.

He watched her marking the books, "Is that not tiring?" He asked, "A little." She smiled, "I couldn't be a teacher... it's so boring." He stated, She laughed "It depends on what you teach." "What do you teach?" "I teach a subject called sciences and medical sciences." "That sounds clever... but really boring." "I am very clever, when I want to be." He chuckled, "So does that mean Jacob's clever too?" Connie nodded "Jacob's very clever." "Do you have his book?" She shook her head "I'm not allowed to mark his work." "Why?" "It's a little complicated." She smiled gently, going back to marking. He nodded, "If I was any teacher, I'd teach something cool like, games." She laughed looking at him, seeing Jacob in him. "Well there is actually a school for game design-" "What's that?" "You make computer games." "Really?" He gasped, she nodded laughing at his excitement, "That's so cool!" "But I think it's in America." "Oh." He smiled, "But when you get a lot older and leave collage you can take game arts at university." "That sounds cool." Connie smiled, "You know your not as bad as my Nana and Dad said." Lucas smiled kindly, "That's good." Connie simply smiled.

"Mummy! What are we having for dinner?" Hugo asked running into the living room and hopping in her knee, "We can have whatever you and Gracie would like." "Grace is asleep... she said she was tired." Connie nodded, placing the pen down, knowing she wasn't going to get any marking done when Afia started crying, Hugo got off her knee, watching as she lifted her up "You know, she is so noisy... noisier than Grace." He looked, Connie laughed gently, undoing her vest and bra feeding her. "Mummy who's this?" Hugo asked, looking at Lucas. "Jacob's brother, Lucas." She smiled, he nodded "Lucas would you like to play with me? My Gracie is sleeping and I have nobody to play with because My Fifi is too little and doesn't play back." "Um... okay." He smiled, Hugo taking him upstairs.

"Good evening Miss.Chase." He smirked coming to kiss her, a wide smile on her lips, "Your brother is here." She commented, kissing him gently, "Although Hugo has dragged him up to play." "He won't mind." Jacob smiled, she smiled "I think he came to see his brother... not Hugo and Grace." She stated, he nodded taking his coat off and going upstairs.

"Hello you three." Jacob smiled coming into Hugo's bedroom, Grace now awake, he sat down on Hugo's bed. "Jacob!" Grace squeeled running and hugging him tightly, "Hello Firecracker." Jacob smiled kissing her head over the loud chatter between Hugo and Lucas, "Hello Jacob." Hugo smiled briefly, Lucas looked to him smiling "Hey." "You okay?" Jacob asked him, he nodded "Yeah, I'm good." "What time do you need to be home?" Jacob questioned, he shrugged going back to playing with Hugo, "Jacob can we play? Hugo and Lucas won't play princesses yet... they want to play lego now... but I made something and it was boring." Jacob smiled, "I need to go and talk with Mummy, but then I'll come play." He smiled, she nodded "I'll play lego then for now." She smiled getting off his knee and joining Hugo and Lucas who were laughing, "Lucas... You don't have to play-" "I want to play." He smiled, Jacob nodded going down.

He smiled as Afia slept peacefully, "He seems to be enjoying playing with Grace and Hugo." He smiled, flopping down next to her, she smiled moving to lie on the sofa, her head comfortably on his lap, "He doesn't know what time he needs to be home." Jacob sighed, "He said your dad works late." Jacob nodded, "He could stay for dinner, I was thinking we could-" "Order Pizza?" He smirked, she nodded laughing.

The three of them came bounding down the stairs, as the pizza came, Connie randomly picking a Disney film as Jacob laid out the boxes the five of them eating and watching happily, a few words being spoke between them.

Connie put Hugo and Grace to bed, Lucas came and sat next to Jacob leaning into him. "Thank you for the pizza." He yawned, Jacob smiled, "Well we'd probably be having it anyway... it's Connie's favourite." Lucas laughed "Connie's nice." He nodded "She's very nice." Jacob replied. Connie came back into the living room, "We have a slight problem." Connie whispered, Jacob raised an eyebrow, she nodded towards Lucas, who had fallen asleep. "I'll drive him home-" "No, I'm not having you going to my dad's on your own when he's being an idiot... I'll walk with him-" "Jacob he's shattered you can't expect him to walk." "Wait." Jacob paused looking up at her, "My dad lives like two hours away... he's walked two hours to get here this afternoon." He frowned confused, Connie looked to the boy sleeping, "Just let him sleep in the spare room for tonight... we'll talk about it with him in the morning." Jacob nodded exhaling, before carrying him up to the spare room, tucking him in.

"I'm confused." Jacob groaned as they lay in bed, "Tomorrow's Saturday, we can discuss it then... just get some sleep... it's late and there are four children in this house, we aren't likely to get a lie in now are we?" He nodded, kissing her head "Night Beautiful." He uttered, "Night Muscles." She smiled turning into him.