Chapter 12

A knock echoed through the hall of her house, getting up from the breakfast table she sat marking at she came to the door opening it. He looked at her, obvious he had been crying. "Come in." She looked, he followed her into the living room, where he sat on the sofa. "Drink?" She asked softly, he shook his head "No, thanks." She straddled his lap, removing his tie slowly, along with undoing two buttons. She wrapped her arms around his neck, "Talk to me." She whispered softly, "I don't want to talk... I've talked all day... I want to fuck you... fuck you until you can't stand." He exhaled, she pulled back slightly looking at him, "Stop it... stop. Sex won't make it go away." "We can talk after... I need you... I want you Con."

"Jacob... please... stop." She begged breathlessly, hours later. He moved to lie on his back, she moved her head to his chest, "I know you said till I can't stand but I didn't think you meant it." She teased, he looked down "Sorry-" "I was enjoying it just as much as you." She smiled looking to him, he smiled brushing some hair out of her face, kissing her head. "Can we go and sit outside?" He looked, she nodded "If you want too Muscles."

She wore his shirt as they sat outside, covered by a blanket. "Less than ten people were there Con... none of her friends came, it was all her family... not even Lucas." He spoke, looking forward, she pulled him into her chest. "Well those ten people were her true friends and family." She uttered against his hair. "I just don't want to believe she's gone." "I know... But think of all the good times Jacob... She's gone, but you can always look back on photos and videos and she'll always be in here." She spoke gently, he nodded "It's hard, that's all." She nodded kissing his cheek, "I know... Now you know what happens?" He shook his head "You make her even prouder." She smiled, he smiled a little "You look good in that." He smirked, "Hm... I'd say you looked better in it." He smiled, "Where's Firecracker?" "Who?" She raised a brow, "Grace. She's a Firecracker... where is she?" "She's at her Dad's." Connie smiled gently, he nodded.

"I never asked, What is the deal with that? Because honestly he's a dick for leaving you." She blushed slightly, "It's a long story." She mumbled, "And we have all night." He smiled, "Well, we met through some friends back at uni and well it was fun for a while, but when it came to leaving uni, it sort of went down hill... then I got pregnant and it was all happy families again but after a while we realised we were better off as friends." Jacob nodded, "Down hill?" She shook her head "We just rowed a lot... You have nothing to worry about Muscles, that ship sailed a long time ago." She chuckled, he smiled, his hand running up and down her thigh. "There's something you're not telling me... you don't have too, it's just obvious." He whispered gently, she shrugged "It's not that I don't want to tell you, it just doesn't matter any more." He nodded and kissed her cheek, inhaling deeply she looked to him, "While I was pregnant, he took the pregnancy hard, it wasn't what he wanted, how he planned his life, especially with me. But while I was pregnant he got in with the wrong people and well, it just went bad again... I guess you could say the straw that broke the camels back was when he hit me." She exhaled, his eyes widened, "He didn't abuse me... We were arguing and it just got out of hand... I'm not as innocent as I look either." "Still!" She shook her head "It was once... I said horrible things, he said horrible things... We both were trying to force a family, when we never wanted to be together for that long... it was sex, that's all either of us wanted and then suddenly we were having a child... Anyway, we are friends now, it's all fine." Jacob nodded "That's big... if that was me, I'd have ran a mile with the child." She shook her head "After he did it, he knew he'd fucked up, didn't see the point in making him pay... Anyway, I didn't really have my father and that's one thing I wanted for my baby. As a mother or even farther, your feeling come second and they are put first." She smiled weakly, he nodded not really knowing what to say. "Sorry... I shouldn't-" "I didn't have to answer, I wanted to." She smiled, "Bed?" He suggested, she nodded "Yeah... I'm going to be honest, I'm pretty tired thanks to someone." She glared, he smirked "I don't know what you're talking about." She cupped his cheek "You're okay honestly?" He nodded "I'll be just fine." She smiled "Good."