Chapter 78

AN: Sorry this is only short, I'm going to try and get another up tonight that should hopefully be longer xx

"Grace and Hugo are asleep." She smiled peering into the room, he looked up smiling with a small nod. "How's it going?" She smiled coming to sit with him, "Revision is revision." He shrugged, she nodded, "It'll be worth it in the long run." She smiled kindly, he nodded "I know." He smiled, lying his head on her shoulder. She turned hers to press her lips against his head, "Well if you're not too busy I'm going for a bath."

"I shouldn't be here." He spoke, looking at how her stomach stuck out of the water, "Why?" She frowned, "Because sometimes your best isn't enough." She shook her head laughing "Shut it Mr.Masters." laughing still, she shut her eyes "Mmmm... I feel fatter than a house." She groaned, "Connie you've got a month left till a baby is born... of course you aren't going to be skinny you aren't even fat." He protested, "I feel it." She groaned, "Well you aren't." He stated. "How many exams tomorrow?" She questioned, "Two, then Wednesday I have your exam-" "You best do well it that... You're always in that room." She joked, he laughed gently. "That's the one I'm most worried about." He sighed, she squeezed his thigh, "Why?" She asked softly, "Because I just want to do you proud... show that you are a brilliant teacher." "Jacob, I'll be proud no matter what so don't worry." She smiled looking to him, "I'll try not to... film?" "Don't you have revision?" She asked, "It's exams of course, I'll always have revision but I'd like to watch a film."

The bedroom door opened causing Jacob to look over as Connie slept. Grace looked "I can't fall back asleep." She whispered rubbing her eyes, he carefully stood up pulling on some joggers and at top. He came and dropped to her level "Shall I come and read you a story?" He whispered, she nodded wrapping her arms around his neck as he lifted her up carrying her back to bed.

"The end." He smiled looking to her, she smiled at him, as they lay on her bed. "Will you always be Mummy's boyfriend?" Grace questioned, he shrugged "I hope so." He smiled gently, "I hope you're always Mummy's boyfriend. You're the best." She yawned, he smiled and kissed her head gently, "Right, it's very late so you need to sleep." He smiled sitting up, "Why weren't you sleeping Smelly?" She looked, "I couldn't... I have very important tests and I'm a little worried about them." He smiled, she nodded "Tests are silly." He laughed "I wish Firecracker... Night." He got up going to the door. "Jacob." She called, he turned on his heel to look at her, "Could you stay till I fall asleep... I had a bad dream." She looked pleadingly. He nodded with a smile "Course I can." He smiled