Chapter 32

He came home late that evening, seeing both Connie and Grace tucked up under a blanket. Connie's arms around Grace protectively as she cried, Jacob raised a brow walking in. He quietly placed his keys on the table, she looked up and shook her head gently, kissing Grace's head gently. He quietly came and sat down, lifting the blanket over him. Grace looked, turning away swiftly. "Gracie... you can sit with Jacob too." Connie whispered gently, Grace looked at her before moving to hug Jacob. He moved his arms around her tightly, "Why you crying Firecracker?" He asked quietly, she sniffled gently "I miss daddy." "He'll be back soon." He smiled, she simply nodded "And I know he loves you lots and lots and wouldn't want you crying." "I know." She whispered, "So, how about you sleep in mine and Mummy's bed tonight?" He asked gently and she nodded, "Shall I carry you up?" "Please." She looked a small smile creeping on her face, Connie raised a brow as he stood up "Two minutes." He looked.

"I'll leave this lamp on okay? Me and Mummy will be downstairs for a little bit." He smiled tucking her up in the bed, she nodded yawning a little. "Night Jay... I love you." She stated simply, turning on her side sleepily. He kissed her temple "Night Firecracker, I love you too." He smiled leaving her to sleep.

He came down, "Sorry I was so late back... time just slipped away." She laughed gently, "Jacob. I don't mind you've not been out in ages, you don't have to stay in all the time." "I missed you and Firecracker though." He looked sitting down, she nodded curling up into him. "Oh, Firecracker is in our bed." Connie looked at him with a raised brow, "But I promised-" "Plans change." He smiled gently, she looked over his cheek sighing. "That's a mess, you know that?" He shrugged "It could be worse... Con." She hummed, "Grace said she loves me." He grinned, she smiled "Well you let her sleep in our bed, how couldn't she love you?" She teased, Jacob laughed. "Seriously though of course she loves you." Connie smiled, kissing him lovingly. "I take it she spoke to Sam?" Connie nodded "Yeah... she just got a little upset." He nodded "Did you have fun?" He nodded "It was alright, I suppose." "Suppose?" "I guess you could say, I'm under the tumb or whatever, but I'd have rather been here with you and Grace." She laughed gently "You need to get our more Mr.Masters." "Likewise Mrs.Chase."

"So... there is a party-" "I'm a student." He looked, she rolled her eyes. "I want you to come with me." "Con, they are never going to allow me to come." "Jacob... Fine let me rephrase. You're coming with me." "What if they make me leave?" "Then Grace and I leave too... It's just and end of term thing." He nodded and kissed her head "I guess I'm coming then." She smiled and looked back to the tv. "Since when did this become yours?" He questioned, looking at his number she wore. A smirk on her lips, "Since you moved in." She quipped, he smiled warmly, "It's comfy, warm and smells like you." She stated simply. He pulled her closer into him, "God I love you." He uttered, she smiled "I love you too Muscles."

"So I've been thinking... now everyone knows about us, maybe we could go on a date? Not that I want Grace out the way or anything, but we've never really been on a date." She nodded "I'd like that, I'd like that very much." She grinned, "Well then Miss.Chase, we shall set a date sometime." She hummed with a smile "We certainly shall."