Chapter 129

"Sir, can I give everyone an update?" He asked, Ric nodded "Quickly, exams are only a couple of weeks away, we need to get on." Jacob nodded, waiting for everyone. "Jacob, how's Mrs?" Cal asked genuinely, "So, Mrs.Masters- Connie and I are expecting again and I'm we've known since the trip, we had the scan not so long ago and everything was fine... Yesterday there were, shall we say complications, the baby's fine and everything... their heart rate is low and Connie's fin bed rest in hospital so they can keep an eye on the heart rate too." Jacob smiled, hurrying off to his seat.

Charlie came into the hospital, tilting his head as he saw her crying, quietly he came and sat down, sitting Afia on his knee. She dried her eyes with the tissue, smiling to Afia, "Hello baby." She cooed, Charlie smiled and passed her over, "Connie as you-" "Hayfever." She retorted, "I've pulled that a few times in my lifetime." Connie laughed softly, "come on, explain." "I'm just stressed." She sighed heavily, "Isn't that why you're here, to just relax a little." She sighed, "I hate it here Charlie... everything just goes wrong." "The hospital?" "No, that's just the icing on the cake." She snipped, "I hate it round here, I hate everything about it... I just can't be truly happy Charlie, if it wasn't mum and her stupid boyfriends it was dad and his new family, then it was the stupid care home and the stupid foster homes, then it was Sam and his stupid games and when I finally start to get happy, it's Jacob's dad, Grandmother then its work then it's this mess, I just want to be happy Charlie for longer than five sorry seconds." She rushed as glassy tears began to dribble down her face, "Connie-" "No Charlie, don't give me one of your stupid lectures, I'm not in the mood for them." She exhaled, "Go to uni, make yourself a life, don't let being a care kid hold you back. Look where that got me Charlie!" "Beautiful children, a husband, a brilliant job-" "You think I care about the job Charlie? I use to enjoy it, but every morning I dread it... I'll always be that brat that came to the care home because her parents were to busy with someone else to care about her." "Connie." Charlie sighed taking her hand, she quickly pulled it away, "Just don't." "Connie nothing's wrong, your baby is fine." Charlie uttered gently. "That's not the point though... Why would they keep me in if they weren't worried Charlie? What if something does happen and I lose Jacob in it all? I can't lose him too Charlie." She sobbed, he stood up encasing her in a hug, "I thought we were past these days Chase." He laughed quietly.

"Sorry." She looked as he sat down again, he shook his head "Connie, it's fine, it is okay to admit you're struggling sometimes... or this ends up happening, you keep it all in and then it all just floods out." She sighed drying her eyes again, "I still hate it round here." She snipped, rubbing her eyes before sighing "This is the last thing Jacob needs right before exam season." He chuckled gently, "Connie he's fine... just stop, you're here to think about you and rest." She sighed holding Afia closely, kissing her head.

Hours later, Connie seemed calmer, the pair chatting away. Connie smiled hearing Hugo and Grace bickering, "No I want to give the card." Hugo moaned, "No me." Grace frowned, "Hugo Card, Grace flowers." Jacob stated firmly, Grace raced in handing her the flowers, hugging her she smiled warmly "Thank you baby." Hugo smiled taking the envelope, Lucas handed her a teddy that had a get well soon heart on it. She hugged them both gently "Thank you so much." "Are you okay?" Hugo looked, "I'm good... I'll be home soon." "When your better?" Grace asked, Connie nodded, the group talking for a little while before Charlie took the kids home.

Connie hugged him tightly, "I bit Charlie's head off this morning." She sighed, he chuckled kissing her temple "He's known you for a long time... I'm sure he's use to it." She swatted his arm, he chucked kissing her gently. "I want my own bed." She groaned, "Soon." "How was collage?" "Collage... I missed you a lot." He smirked, she laughed gently, "Trust me, I'm missing you the most." He smiled kissing her, holding her hand, "I love you Mrs.Masters." "I love you more... Jacob after exams and everything, can we start looking properly at houses?" Jacob nodded watching her smile. "I blamed Charlie for literally everything this morning." She groaned, Jacob laughed gently "Connie he'll get it." "I cried about my mum and dad... I never mention it, let alone cried." She sighed. "What is the deal with that?" She shrugged, "My dad got a new improved family and my mum felt like it was okay to leave me and go on dates, holidays with this guy, who hated me, one day she just never came home." "Con-" "Save the pity please." She looked, he held his hands up "Sorry Beautiful." She smiled gently, sitting there chatting until he had to leave.