Chapter 95

The week had run smoothly along with the weekend, Jacob now 18, they had celebrated with a few friends and family. Connie groaned, the weeks off having flown by, "I can't be bothered with the school run." She mumbled burying her head into his chest, he kissed her head gently, "Hey, beautiful you get to teach today." He looked down at her, she nodded exhaling "I'm too tired for all this." She looked, "I believe in you Sweetcheeks... so let's do this." He grinned.

They took pictures off Grace and Hugo ready for school, dropping them off at Nadia's to take them in. She sat in her class room, looking at all the things she'd brought, "It looks like a nursery... not a collage room." "Connie, you can always say no." He smiled gently, Afia sat on his knee smacking the toy off the table, she shook her head "I want to be here... I'm just tired and grumpy." She looked, he chuckled "You should have said." He smirked, "Oh what was that? I'm pretty sure I'm Miss.Chase here." She teased, "Not to me." He smirked as she lent down kissing him, lifting Afia up gently, kissing her head lovingly. "She's getting so big." Jacob commented, she nodded looking at their baby. "Will you watch her while I'm this meeting?" She asked sweetly, "Do I need to be asked now?" He smiled, "You know what I meant." He nodded kissing her again, "I'll see you in a little while." She grinned, kissing him again before going off to the meeting.

She looked around the room, recognising most people, the odd person new. "Have you brought Afia?" Jeremy questioned, "Well that was the agreement." She looked, "Course." He smiled, going on to talk and wish them luck in the new year. "Connie well this is a nice surprise." Ric grinned, "Hello!" She smiled warmly, the pair embracing as people started to leave, "So who's this Afia?" He questioned, "Oh God... there's a lot you don't know." She laughed, "Like what?" He smiled kindly "Well Sam and I have a daughter... but spilt... Erm, I've adopted a little boy and I have another daughter, Afia, with... with a student who goes here... oh and I'm now engaged." "Jesus... That's a lot... it's been that long?" He questioned, "Grace is five next year so I'd say so." She chuckled as they started to walk back to her room, "Course you'd end up being my boss." He mumbled jokingly, she laughed opening her door the both walking in the room.

"Connie, come here." Jacob called excitedly, not looking to the door, she hummed coming over to him, "She's got a tooth." He grinned, Connie smiled "That's because she's a big girl now." She cooed, he smiled handing her over "How was your meeting Sweetcheeks?" He asked, seeing the flush of colour come over her face, "Erm... err... Jacob." She looked, nodding her head over to Ric. "Sorry... Connie." He smiled, she laughed gently, "It was a meeting." She smiled, sitting at her desk with Afia, "Oh so this is the-" "Yes Ric." She stated loading the computer, Afia crying frustratedly as she couldn't reach something "What's wrong baby?" Connie looked, seeing her trying to grab teething ring, Connie grabbed it passing it to her. "Jacob... this is Ric, Ric, Jacob." She smiled, "Hello." Ric smiled, "Hey." Jacob smiled back, "Con I still have you right?" Jacob questioned, "I assume so." She smiled loading up the registers for the day, "Unless your name isn't Jacob Masters, then I assume yes." She teased, he laughed "So I take it Mr. Mr-" "Griffin." Connie smiled, "Yeah, will be marking my work." "Well I assume so." "I'll leave you two to it." Ric smiled, "See you after Connie." "Bye Ric."

"Friends?" Jacob questioned, "Estranged friends... yeah we haven't spoken since before I was pregnant with Grace." She smiled, putting Afia in her bouncer, coming to sit on her knee "Is it bedtime yet?" She asked gently, he laughed kissing her head "Soon." "I'm glad to be back." She looked, "I'm glad to have you back... especially now you're the big boss." He grinned kissing her, "Shut up." She laughed, "I'm so glad to only be taking three subjects." He beamed, she nodded looking at him, "This time next year you won't even be here." She groaned, "But you'll get to come home to me." He grinned, she pressed her lips to his, his tounge gliding across her lip, granting access. She pulled back looking at him, "No... not here... not while she's awake." "It didn't stop you-" "Shut it." She glared, he laughed gently kissing her softly.

"Today's going fucking fantastic." Jacob mumbled as he came into her room, looking to Lofty "That bad?" Lofty questioned, he hummed sighing heavily, he looked to see Connie sat with Afia fast asleep in her arms. Jacob smiled fondly, she looked up smiling "And how is your day going Miss.Chase?" He questioned, she nodded gently "The new students are surprisingly well behaved." She commented, "What you trying to say?" He smirked, "I can't say you were the most well behaved." She teased, "Hey, that's what you fell for." He smirked, claiming her lips, she hummed gently, "Now go and sit down." She looked sternly, a playful glint in her eye.

"Whoo! Miss you going to show us your tits?" Caleb chuckled, she looked at him "Caleb are you asking to be thrown off this course?" She questioned harshly, "Miss it was a joke-" "It's good to see you all, I know it's been some time, but this year I'm not having smart remarks... there's a fine line between a joke and being rude and vulgar... Do I make myself clear?" She looked around the room, "Thank you." She snipped, "Does that include lover boy?" Caleb asked, "Matter of fact it does... stop trying to be smart Caleb... you cannot live your life behaving like an idiot, I think I'm almost certain everyone in this room is over it." She exhaled, "So as you know, Mr.Beauchamp has left, so I'm now head of faculty... Mr.Griffin is new and I hope you treat him respectfully, he's an old friend-" "Friend?" Caleb smirked, "Surprisingly Caleb, yes, a man and a woman are just friends." She rolled her eyes. "Now obviously I think you all have eyes and can see that Afia is here... she is going to be here all year, Caleb don't ask anything stupid... I don't need to tell you a single thing." She quipped.

She mangaed to through what they had to get through before this year's exam before Afia began to cry from her bounce. She carefully lifted her out, giving her a toy before continuing on, Afia figiting. "So I think that's everything I had planned for today, so you can relax for the remainder of this lesson." She smiled kindly, "Is that what it's going to be like? Everytime that kid kicks off, we just get put the side?" Caleb groaned, "Caleb, no, just get out and don't come back in this room till you've sorted yourself out." She snapped harshly, "Fuck sake, I only asked a question?" He groaned, "No, you tried to be a smart arse, like you always have... You know your really smart Caleb and have the potential to go onto amazing things but you act stupid and let yourself down... now out, I've got my degree, I'm here to help you not deal with your stupid behaviour." "But-" "Out." She spoke firmly, he rolled his eyes before storming out and slamming the door, Afia starting to scream.

Connie clenched her jaw angrily, holding her daughter closely "Shhh... Fifi calm down baby." Connie soothed, the class silent, Jacob stood up "Just make yourself busy." He looked at them all coming over, he dropped down, "Here, let me-" "I can do this." She glared, "I know you can, but I want to help." He smiled gently, she looked at him Afia still crying, "And that will give Caleb more fuel-" "No it won't." She nodded handing her over, "I'll be wording him." Jacob commented, "Jacob-" "No, he's not upsetting out daughter like that Con." She nodded "Just stay out of trouble." She commented, he nodded kissing Afia's head "Course I will."

"Oi, Cal... Fucking act like a total prick to Miss.Chase and it won't just be a few words... Upset my daughter like that and you'll never be able to argue again. Make myself clear?" Jacob glared angrily, "Oh aren't you tough?" "Don't push me Caleb." He snapped "Don't threaten me." Caleb snipped "When my daughters crying like that I'll threaten you all I like!" Cal just rolled his eyes "Try it again and it won't even be a conversation." He added before walking back off.