Chapter 49

"Emma? Is this true?" Charlotte looked to her daughters, Emma nodded slowly, "Emma? You and Sophie are friends with Grace, why would you say something like that?" "I don't know." "I told the both of you, what Grace's Mum is doing is wonderful, Emma you aren't going out all week and none of your electronics till Friday... What do you say to Grace and her Mum?" "Sorry Grace, Sorry Grace's Mum." "Okay." Grace smiled a little, "It's okay." Connie smiled, "Girls go to the car." Charlotte looked, once they'd left Charlotte looked to Connie, "I'm so sorry." Connie shook her head "Kids will be kids." She smiled, "I bet it feels like you're just being spoke a about behind your back." "A little, but I understand why."

"Simba's had her jabs so maybe we could take him for a walk? Have dinner at that pub, outside obviously." She suggested he hummed, "I'll go and tell Hugo and Grace." "Wait." She looked, he spun round. "We go away, for the night tomorrow-" "With the rest of the teachers and students." "Not all... Anyway, I was going to say maybe they could stay up a little later?" He nodded "Alright." He smiled, "I'll make it up to you tomorrow night." She winked, he raised a brow "I'm not in your room." She shrugged, I've got my own room, just so happens to be a double bed... they can get a little cold, so I might need your help." He laughed, "Well I'm not going to object, also you don't need to make it up to be beautiful." "Maybe I want too." She smiled tiptoing up to kiss him affectionately.

Jacob held Simba's lead as the four of them walked happily, "For a puppy, he's really calm." She commented, he nodded "He really is." He looked down as he walked nicely just a little ahead. "Mummy can Hugo and I hold the lead?" "Not today, he might pull baby." She nodded "Okay." "Hugo, I'll race you to that tree." Grace looked, he nodded. "Mummy will you Count us down?" She nodded "Get ready... 3... 2... 1... Go!" Connie called, both Hugo go and Grace rushing off, "Careful!" Connie added, moving to wrap her arms around Jacob's waist. She looked up and smirked "What?" He frowned. "Stay still a second." He stopped looking confused, she took the lead from his hand, moving to stand behind him, "My legs ache." She teased, jumping on to his back. He held her as she laughed "You're an idiot." He uttered, she tilted her head and kissed his cheek "Do you love me?" "Of course." "Well then."

They sat on a table outside the pub, Jacob having tied Simba's lead to one of the wooden legs on the table. Hugo moved on his knees, cupping Connie's ear "I wanted to say your the bestest." He whispered, moving back to sit on his bottem. She moved an arm around him, "Your the bestest Hugo." He looked up smiling, "And you're the bestest Grace." Connie smiled moving her other arm around her. "Am I the best Jacob?" "Hm... not too sure if you make top ten." He narrowed his eyes, causing all three to laugh. "You know I'm the bestest Jacob." "Hm.. that so?" "Sure is."

Their dinner was soon brought out and the four sat eating happily, "Where are you going tomorrow?" Grace asked, "To look at boring museums." Jacob groaned, Connie looked "Fine, I'll take you name off the list." "Hey! I never said that-" "Well if they are so boring what's the point in going?" She smirked, eating a chip. "You know why." He smikred, she laughed, shaking her head. "It's not going to be that bad." "Trust me, Cal is going to be there, it's going to be bad... what is it even for?" She shrugged "How would I know? I just get told what's happening." "When will you be back?" Hugo looked, "The day after." She smiled, "Will you be picking us up?" "Course." She smiled, he smiled back continuing to eat. "Guess what we can do this weekend?" Jacob looked to Hugo, "What?" "Decorate your room." "Really?!" He nodded with a smile, Connie looked at him "Jacob-" "Connie we are doing it, no way you couldn't have." She nodded and smiled warmly, once finished they made their way back for baths and bedtime.