Chapter 36

He came into her class room at lunch on Monday, she gasped as she looked at him. "Ja-" "I'm fine, honestly... it looks worse." He winced, "Jacob... Jacob what's happened?" She frowned, confused. "A lot." He mumbled, "Sit." She demanded, moving from her chair "Con, I promise it's fine." "Jacob, stop it... don't lie to me, it's only me who can hear you... just tell me." He looked at her, sitting down. "Jacob... Your nose, it looks broken." She whispered, he shrugged "It'll be fine Chase." "Your eye looks tender... and your lip is split." "And my stomach hurts." He mumbled, "What?" She frowned.

She lifted up his shirt, revealing a large bruise, to the left of his abdomen. "Sorry... did I walk in on something?" Michael looked, she shook her head "What do you want?" "To go over-" "I'm busy." She snipped her eyes moving from Jacob. "B-" "I'm busy!" She yelled looking to him, even causing Jacob just jump. Michale quickly left, "Con-" "Jacob... please, please tell me what's happened." She begged, he took her hand, "I'm okay." "Jacob... I want to know." He removed the small tear that spilled down her cheek, "Why you crying?" "Because you don't deserve this... Jacob tell me, please." She looked, he sighed "You don't need to be involved, it'll stop soon." "Jacob. Please." "Look Cal and his gang they were going to start on Lofty... he can't take it, I can so it's fine." "Cal?" He nodded, she pulled her hand away from his storming off to the Staff room.

"Miss.Chase." He groaned following her, "No, Jacob... he's not getting away with it." She looked, feeling everyone look at her. "Caleb Knight, he needs kicking out." She snapped, "Miss.Chase it's fine." Jacob groaned, not walking in. "Why?" Mr.Jamerson asked, "Why?" She repeated, "Jacob." She called, he rolled his eyes. Hearing the few gasps, "Ha... he's the violent one not my nephew." "That's just it! They weren't directed at Jacob... they were Directed at Ben!" "So Jacob how did you get them?" "It doesn't matter, Miss.Chase, just leave it." He looked, "No, he gets away with murder just because he is his uncle! I don't care who he is, not one bit. He could be the Queens son, I don't care. Attacking some like this or what he did to Lofty or the way he treats anyone, it's wrong and he can't get away with it-" "Miss.Chase!" "No! I'm not having it, I'm certainly not teaching him-" "Connie! Connie just leave it." Jacob looked, the room fell silent. She glanced around sighing "He's not welcome in my lessons." She added calmly walking off swiftly. Jacob looked feeling highly akward, "I- um- look this doesn't matter... I probably deserve it anyway, I'm sorry... I'll talk to her." He stammered before going off to follow her.

He followed her into her room, firmly shutting the door. "Jacob you're not mad at me are you?" She asked quietly, he laughed, stopping instantly groaning with pain. "No. No I'm not mad at you... I just didn't want you doing that because I know you're going to he embarrassed now." She shrugged, "Regardless of if you're my boyfriend or not... this isn't right." He shrugged "It'll stop." He smiled taking a seat at her desk, patting his knee gently. "Your stomach-" "I'll be fine... if you go in my bag, I've got a jumper." He smiled, she nodded and went to get it, pulling it on before sitting on his lap, cuddling into him gently. "I still don't want to teach him... if he did that to anyone I wouldn't want to teach him, the fact it's you just makes me angrier and more upset." "Well guess what? You're just going to have to suck it up." She sighed heavily, looking up. "Jacob... I'm taking you to hospital-" "After." He smiled gently, "I really think that lip needs a stitch." He nodded and shrugged. He gently pressed his lips to hers, "I love you." He smiled, "I love you too." She smiled a little. "Don't you have-" "I'm not going... I'm in a little pain, you need comforting and after that I doubt anyone's going to complain." She nodded, "I still have your class to teach." He nodded "I know... I'll work then." She nodded once again.

As the class started to flood in, she made no effort to move. "Con." He whispered, she shook her head "Five more minutes." "Con we don't have five more minutes." "Well I say we do." She looked, "People are looking and waiting to learn." "They can wait then." She snipped, "Hey, just because you're in a mood with Cal, doesn't mean you should take it out on the rest of them." "But-" "No buts, I promise we can pick Grace off and drop her off at my grandparents while you take me to hospital after." She nodded sighing, standing up. He stood up going to walk to his seat, stopping as she took his hand. She carefully cupped his cheeks, kissing him gently. "You'll be okay?" She whispered, "If I'm not you'll be the first to know."