Chapter 16

"Soo... you love me right?" He questioned as she came over to where he sat, "I got a drunk tattoo of your initial, yes I love you." She smiled, sitting on his lap. "So you promise you won't get mad at me for what I'm about to say?" He smiled sheepishly, holding her tightly, she frowned "I'm not promising anything." "So you remember yesterday right? Well my Gran new I was sneaking a girl out... Then I said things and then she said she wanted to meet you and well I had to tell her." She went to stand up, but he just tightened his grip. "Jacob, get off!" She snapped, "No. Let me finish." "Everything is about to go wrong... Everything. I'm going to lose you, I don't want to lose you." She looked as a tear spilled down her cheek, he wiped it away quickly, "What did I say? Hm. Nothing is ruining this, no one is ruining this... She promised she won't say anything. She just wants to meet you, she said you sound lovely." "If she hates me?" "She won't." He smiled, kissing her multiple times. "When?" She asked quietly, "tonight?" he smiled, she nodded, "Does she know about Grace?" "I didn't want to go into that without you being there." She nodded and looked to him, "I love you." "I love you most."

She straightened out the blouse she wore, inhaling she knocked on. "I'll get it." Jacob called running to answer, "Now, you Miss.Chase you do look fine." He smiled, she narrowed her eyes "Stop it... Also if we keep the tattoo on the down low, it'd be appreciated." She whispered, he smirked kissing her cheek. "Come through." He smiled, thoughts of yesterday crossing her mind. "You first." She looked, neither knowing his gran was listening in. "Con, you don't need to be nervous." He smiled taking her hands, "I have every right to be nervous Jacob... I'm your teacher, why can't you see how wrong this is to everyone?" He exhaled tucking some hair behind her ear, "I can. I see how this looks to everyone, but I don't care what they think... We can't change what we feel and I don't want too, I thought we'd been over this Beautiful?" She looked up at him, tiptoing up, she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him. "You're still going first." She whispered, he laughed shutting the door, taking her hand he guided her into the living room, "Gran, this is Connie... Connie this is Gran." He smiled warmly, looking between the pair. "Or Debbie." His gran smiled to her, she nodded "Hello." She spoke timidly, he rolled his eyes "You're a lot louder than that Con." "Well this isn't the time for me to be loud is it?" She looked to him, he smirked "There we go." She shook her head, smiling, forgetting Debbie was even there. "I really hate you sometimes." "Lies." He smirked, she laughed a little.

"Would you like a drink?" Debbie looked to Connie, "No thank you." She smiled sincerely, Debbie nodded taking a seat. "I know... I know this looks bad and I never wanted this- well I do- but not like this- I wish it was under different circumstances, I don't know I just love him and I know that's wrong of me to say but I can't help it." She stammered, her hands fiddling with her coat, trying to hide the fact she was shaking. Debbie nodded, smiling to Jacob a little, "Well you've told me all I wanted to know." She looked, Connie frowned, confused. "You're not mad?" She shrugged "Not really, Jacob's happy that's all I want. I just wanted to know you loved him too and obviously you do." Debbie smiled gently, Connie released a heavy breath. "I am sorry." "We can't help who we fall in love with... Anyway, I was waiting for someone a lot older... You two look good together." Jacob smikred. Connie's phone began to ring, "Sorry." She looked before going through her bag, pulling it out She saw it was Sam. "Do you mind if I take this?" She asked, Debbie shook her head with a gentle chuckle.
"Sam?" She questioned
"Grace's, she's got an upset tummy and she wants you... I think she's missing you too Connie."
"Okay... Tell her I won't be too long."
"Will do, see you later."
"Bye."

Connie put the phone it her bag, "I need to go, I'm so sorry." She looked, "Everything okay?" Jacob asked worried, "Grace isn't well and wants to come home." She smiled weakly, he nodded "I'll see you tomorrow then." He smiled, she nodded "Bye." She looked between the pair "Bye Connie." Once she had left, his gran looked at him "You're an idiot, a big one, but I can see why and she's lovely." Debbie smiled, "I've never seen her so nervous before." He chuckled, Debbie smiled, "Who is Grace?" "Her daughter." "Oh, how old is she three, coming up to four I think... she's usually at her Dad's when I go round." "They get on?" He nodded "Yeah, or they tolerate each other for her, but he's going away for eight months." Debbie nodded, "Jacob... you both need to be careful. This could go horribly wrong." "We know... Thanks Gran for being so understanding." She nodded with a smile.