Chapter 71

"I thought you were tired?" He smirked as she slumped against his chest, "I am... I'm just never too tired for that." She panted, he chuckled gently, his hand running up and down her silk smooth back. "We're having a baby girl Con." He smiled kissing her she nodded smiling. "Now we just have to think of names." She laughed, "Great." He sighed jokingly. "We could go shopping?" He looked, she shook her head "I was tired before... Now I'm pretty much exhausted." "Ay. It was your suggestion." "Did I ever complain about it? I'm just saying I'm tired now." "Well zip it and sleep." He smirked, "Oi. Are you forgetting who the boss actually is?" "No, course not but you're tired right?" She shook her smiling, kissing him gently she rested her head on his chest, soon dosing off.

The pair quickly threw some clothes off and rushed out the house to pick Grace and Hugo up. "I look fine don't I?" She looked as they got in the car, "Beautiful." He smiled kindly, kissing her a couple of times before she drove to their school. "You sure you want to go out for dinner?" He questioned, she nodded with a smile. "Positive... I want to tell them over dinner." He nodded rubbing her thigh "Hear me out before you panic." He looked, she glanced to him "What?" "My Grandad... he wants to come, he's not mad like my Gran, pl-" She exhaled "I was worried then... Of course he hand, you don't need to ask... your Gran can come too, I'm not going to hold a grudge." She stated as she parked up, "Yeah well I am." He stated before getting out and waiting for her.

Hugo and Grace chatted about their days to the pair as she drove to his Grandparents. "You two are crazy." Jacob laughed, "No. You're crazy." Grace giggled, "No, you two are." He chuckled feeling Connie's hand upon his thigh. "We're here." She smiled, he nodded kissing her head gently before jumping out to meet Fred. "It's going to be a tight squeeze." Jacob smiled, "I can get in the back, you get in the front." Jacob added, Fred nodded and got in "Blimey, you've hardly grown." He commented smiling, Connie laughed "I guess not." She smiled before driving on, once Jacob was seated comfortably. "So, How are you both?" Fred questioned over Grace and Hugo's giggles from Jacob messing around. "Good." Jacob commented, "That's good." Fred commented "I don't want there to be any tension because of Debbie." He added, "None here." Connie smiled.

They ordered food as they sat around the circle table, "Grace, Hugo." Connie smiled, they both looked up from colouring with the restaurants crayons. "Today Jacob and I went to see the baby again." She smiled gently, "Why couldn't we come?" Hugo looked, "Because you had school... and it's really boring." She smiled, he nodded. "But Mummy and I have something to tell you." Jacob grinned, Fred also listening. "What?" Grace questioned, "The baby... the baby is a girl." He smiled, "A girl!" Grace cheered happily, "As long as she is happy to live with us too, I don't mind." Hugo smiled gently, "Course she is." Connie looked, he grinned "Well then I can't can't wait to meet her." He giggled, Jacob squeezed her thigh gently, she looked up at him smiling, "So a girl?" Fred smiled, Jacob nodded "Yep." A smile creeping on his face, "Though of any names?" He asked kindly, "Not yet, but I'm sure one with take out fancy." Jacob smiled, kissing Connie's head lovingly.

A while later they were all eating, Hugo and Grace interacting in conversation with one another. "They really are in there own world." Connie chuckled, Jacob nodded laughing too. "There the best of friends, course they are." He looked and she smiled. "Jacob... I have some news." Fred looked, making them both look at him. "I think your Gran... I think your Gran is well cheating on me." He stated quietly, the hurt appearing on his face. Connie shifted uncomfortably which didn't go unnoticed by Jacob, "What?" Fred just nodded, "She's hardly home... she's on the phone all the time as soon as I walk in she just ends it." "Gran loves you... she wouldn't." Jacob frowned, Connie bowing her head and eating quietly, Grace looked up "Mummy, I need the toilet." Connie practically leaped up, "Come on then." She smiled, Jacob looking to her odly. Grace took her hand, walking to the bathroom.

They dropped Fred home and went home themselves, Grace and Hugo going upstairs to play for an hour before baths and bed. "Connie, what's wrong?" He questioned, she shook her head "Nothing... why would something be wrong." She smiled briefly, "You've been off since my Grandad mentioned about my Gran cheati-... You knew? You knew didn't you?" He looked furiously, "What? How would I know?" She asked quietly, he scoffed. "Don't act all innocent... you knew? Do you know who with?!" "No, Jacob, just listen-" "No. My Grandad is being mugged off and you've known about it... I'm going out!" He yelled slamming the door shut. She let a few tears glide down her face, the guilt rising but the thought that she'd lost him hurting more. She sighed heavily hearing the door go, exhaling she went to answer. "Sam?" She frowned, Confused.