Chapter 43

Connie and Jim had agreed to meet up the next morning, at a cafe near the hospital. "Mr.Bonning-" "Jim, please." He smiled, Connie nodded "Jim, Hugo... Hugo, he's saying he doesn't want to go home. I think it's best, you get him home to his family, so he can realise how much you all love him." She stated, he nodded "He doesn't want to come home?" Connie shook her head "Not from what he says, I just think he's a little jealous-" "of an unborn child?" He snapped, "No. Of course not." Connie frowned, "Of the amount of time Kira gets over him, I know your worried about your girlfriend and child but your son matters too." Connie looked, he sighed heavily.

"After the death of his mother, things changed... he changed-" "His mother died when he was three, of course he's going to change." She looked, "Yes, of course. When Kira came on the scene he's turned into a horrible child, the way he yells and lies, runs off-" "You can't force someone to be happy... sometimes as a parent you have to put your child first." "That's what I am doing." "But not Hugo? Do his feelings not matter? No?" Jim rolled his eyes "Course they do... like you said, I can't force him to be happy but I should be allowed to love again." Connie sighed "You don't seem bothered by the fact your son doesn't want to come home, doesn't that hurt?" He looked at her blankly, "If he's happy with you and it's okay with you he can stay with you... I'll still see him obviously, but he is a pain and I need to focus on the new baby and Kira right now." Connie opened her mouth to speak but found no words left her mouth, shocked her was just handing his child over to what was a stranger. She sat there looking at him, "Kira's not in hospital is she?" He frowned "What?" "Kira, she's at home, perfectly well." "You don't understand we need a break-" "I'll think about taking him... I need to talk with my partner and daughter." She looked grabbing her coat and leaving.

She came back in the house, slamming the door unintentionally, throwing her keys and bag down along with taking her coat off. Going in the kitchen to make a Coffee, he came in frowning "Con?" "We need to talk... with Grace aswell." "Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay? What's happened?" He questioned coming closer, "Kira, she's not been in hospital... they needed a break... he practically might as well of handed the adoption papers to me there and then." She looked, Jacob sighed heavily. "Jacob... I know this is a lot, I know I'm no idiot, but I was a care kid, that's the only place he is heading, there isn't many Charlie's around anymore... I can't see, what is a perfectly good child, go in to care and come out something else." He rubbed her shoulder, "Con... I think your minds already made up." He smiled gently, she shook her head "No, no, no this is our home your opinion matters too." "Aye... I didn't mean it like that one bit, what will it be?" "He still wants to see him so I guess fostering but I don't know... before anything set in stone I want to talk with Charlie, but before I do that I need to know what you and Grace want... you two come first." "Connie, I think he's a great kid but I just don't know how he'd cope having to deal with us crazy lot." He smiled, "you'd want too?" Jacob nodded "Course. Any kid can be spared going into care, I'd take within a heartbeat... It's just a good job he's a good one." Connie smiled leaning into him, "Also, is the first thing you so when you get mad is boil the kettle?" He chuckled wrapping his arms around her, she laughed "I think Charlie influenced that on me, whenever he'd get mad, he wasn't allowed to show it so he'd boil the kettle, make a Coffee to cool off." He chuckled gently.

Connie took Grace upstairs a little while later, cuddling up in her bed. "Mummy are you okay?" Connie nodded gently, "We need to talk." Connie smiled, Grace nodded "Okay." "You know like Hugo's been staying with us?" She nodded smiling, "Well how about he came to live with us? He'd have his own room, so you'd have your space back-" "We'd be like brother and sister?" She questioned, "I guess so, yeah." Grace smiled, nodding "I'd like that... as long as I got my own bed back... topping and talling is getting a bit annoying." She giggled, Connie smiled hugging her tightly, "You know you're my special princess and I love you more than anyone in the entire world?" Grace nodded "I love you too Mummy." "And you know you can tell me if you don't want this or you feel a little pushed out." Grace nodded, "I know... Hugo's upset so we are all trying to make him happy again... I know it will be the same when I'm upset or Jacob or you... because that's what family's do... look out for eachother." She smiled, Connie kissed her head "I love you so so so much." "I love you so much more." She smiled kissing her mums nose. "Now, I need you to keep this a secret from Hugo... he might be living with us he might not okay?" Grace nodded "Okay." She smiled.

Once they were both in bed, she looked to Jacob "and you're honestly happy about this?" "Course I am... it'll be nice another male around her anyway." Connie smiled calling Charlie. After a while of friendly chit-chat, she got down the the real reasons she called
"I need your help." She exhaled
"With what?"
"Grace's friend... He's been staying with us for a little while but now his Dad's saying we should take him, take him."
"Oh... right-"
"Jacob and I and Grace have all agreed that if it's the case we will, there isn't that many people like you in care homes Charlie."
"Alright... First off, I suggest you get something like a text message agreement that he is staying with you, just in case things turn nasty and he says you've kidnapped his child, make it explicitly clear that child can go home at any moment."
"Okay..."
"Then I suggest you ask the farther what is it he wants, adoption or fostering and well just get the ball rolling. I think you know how the rest works."
"Okay... I'm doing the right think aren't I?"
"Course you are... as long as your family is happy, then yes."
"Goodnight Charlie... thank you so much."
"You know I'm always here for you, Goodnight Connie."