Chapter 53

After another museum they all got on the coaches and made their way home. Once back at the college, they got their cases. "Are you coming to pick Hugo and Grace up or are you walking with your friends?" She questioned, "What would you like me too?" He looked, "I'd like you to do what you want too do." She smiled, "Well then could Louise and Lofty come round?" "Yeah course." She smiled, "I'll walk with them then." He looked, she nodded with a smile "Put your case in the car?" He nodded kissing her head.

She was about to drive off when the passenger door opened, she looked exhaling seeing it was Jacob. "Muscles?" "They're coming later, so I'll come with you." He smiled, she smiled back driving off. "You've been pretty quiet today." He commented, she glanced "Really?" She spoke quietly, he nodded squeezing her thigh, "Talk to me gorgeous." "I'm okay... I'm just tired." "We were asleep by eleven-" "You don't have to control you lot." She quipped, he chuckled. "Tell me... please." "I'm going to be off for a few days next week." She stated, "And you're upset because..." "I'm not, I'm nervous." He raised a brow "Why?" He asked as she parked up outside the school. "I've been approved." She glanced before getting out the car. He quickly followed her "Con, that's Great news." She hummed "What if he isn't happy?" "Course he's happy." She nodded, as they stood with the other parents waiting. "You think so?" "I know so." He smiled kissing her head gently, she exhaled moving her arms around his waist "I love you." She looked "I love you too." He smiled.

Hugo came out on his own, making both of them frown. He came over holding his book bag, "Hugo, where's Grace?" "They made us que up and she got sent to the back for talking." He looked, "Oh right." Connie smiled, he nodded as they waited. Grace came out sighing, smiling as she saw Her mum and Jacob. "Did you have a good day?" Connie asked them both, "No... they are all stupid idiots." Grace groaned as they walked back to the car, "I did." Hugo smiled, "Why have you had a bad day Firecracker." "They are all idiots... they kept telling me off and it wasn't even me." She frowne, Jacob chuckled, helping Connie put them in the car. "Well it's the weekend now anyway." Connie smiled, she nodded happily.

Arriving home, Jacob brought the cases in while Connie took Hugo's and Grace inside. "Hugo." Connie looked, he nodded looking, as Grace stopped going upstairs looking back. "You aren't going in school on Monday okay?" He nodded, "Why?" Grace sulked, "Because... Monday I have to go and sign some papers which make Hugo allowed to live with us and he'll want to say bye to his Daddy and get all his things." "Oh... Can we have Pizza for dinner on Monday then?" She smiled cheekily, "Hm... I suppose." She laughed, going to let Simba out of the kitchen, he'd been fed by a neighbour. She smiled as he jumped up, she stroked his head gently. Hugo came up behind, "Connie..." "Yes Sweetheart?" She looked, "I don't want to say bye to Daddy... I want to go to school." Connie took his hand as she stood up, walking into the living room. She sat on the sofa, lifting him onto her knee. Jacob went to come in, seeing he smiled to Connie going into the kitchen. "You have to say bye to Daddy." "Will Kira be there?" He sighed, "I don't think so." "What about when we go to get my things?" "Maybe." He nodded slowly, "You don't have to speak to her, we will just go and get your things and leave." She smiled, he nodded again "When you sign that paper, does that make you my new Mummy?" He asked innocently, "I guess it does... but your Mummy is always your Mummy even if she had to sleep." She looked, tucking some of his hair behind his ear. He nodded "I like you to be my second Mummy." He looked hugging her, "I like being your second Mummy." She spoke hugging him back, "Sh... Don't tell Grace but after we've got your things we can have lunch wherever you would like." He looked and smiled, "I won't." She smiled gently, "Go on, Grace will be waiting for you." He nodded and jumped down going upstairs.

"Everything okay?" Jacob questioned, she nodded "Can I have hug?" She smiled, he nodded "Since when did you have to ask?" He chuckled coming to sit down, she cuddled him tightly. He sighed hearing the door, "I can tell them to go?" He smiled gently, she shook her head "No... it's fine." She smiled "Sure?" "Positive."

"Drinks?" Jacob smiled as they came in, "Water please." Louise smiled, "Coffee." Lofty smiled, Jacob nodded showing them through to the living room, where Connie now sat with Simba on her lap, "Aw!" Louise cooed looking at the dog, Connie laughed gently. Grace peered around the door, being nosey. "Princess Lofty!" She squeeled, Lofty laughed as he sat down "Hello Grace." He smiled, she went to the box of toys in the living room, Hugo came and helped her. "They are so cute too." Louise smiled, Connie laughed "They are now... wait till bedtime." She chuckled, Grace came over and gave Lofty a crown, "That's better." She smiled, "Thank you." He chuckled, Hugo came and sat next to Connie moving into her side. "You tired?" She asked quietly "A tiny bit." She smiled and kissed his head, looking as the dog jumped down, following Grace. "Hugo... Come and play!" Grace looked taking his hand, "Gracie, he's tired." Grace looked "We can play crack the egg?" "Later." He smiled, "Oh okay." She sighed, "I'll play with you Grace." Lofty smiled, she smiled "Okay... Hugo, I'll be outside with Lofty and Simba." "I'll come to Firecracker." "And Jacob." He nodded "Okay."

"Miss- sorry, Connie. You know Cal only says them things to get to you." She nodded "Yeah... he's not really a problem." "Beauchamp is an idiot." Connie laughed, turning the tv on, "What are we doing Monday?" She asked "I don't know... I'm not going to be in for a few days." She nodded "Why?" "I get a few days off as I'm adopting him officially on Monday." Louise nodded, "Your little girl doesn't seem upset by it." She shook her head "Hugo's her best friend." She looked, "It's good they get on." Connie nodded, looking down as Hugo moved a little "Connie... when you become my second Mummy... can I call you Mummy too? If Grace doesn't mind either." He yawned sleepily. "If you want too." She smiled, her heart melting. He nodded hugging her again.

A while later Grace came in, "Lofty and Jacob are being silly." Grace laughed, coming to the other side of Connie. "You tired too?" She nodded "Hugo's asleep." "He was tired baby." "Can I have Monday off... Miss.Elliot is a stupid idiot." She sighed, "Hey, that's not very nice." "Well she isn't very nice to me... Carmel was the one talking." Grace sighed "Well if she does it again, I'll talk with her okay?" She nodded "Gracie?" She hummed, "Hugo wants to-" "Call you Mummy too?" She asked quietly, she nodded "Okay... You promise you still love me just as much?" She nodded, "And that little but more." Connie whispered in her ear, she smiled and kissed her mums cheek, " I love you Mummy... I'm going to get Simba." "I love you too." She smiled running off again.