Chapter 131

"Nice to be home?" He questioned as she sunk into the bed, she nodded smiling, "Now go, I'll be fine." "Can I not just-" "Jacob exams are nearly a week away, no." He rolled his eyes "I'll be fine." "Stop it because I'm not having a repeat of last year okay?" "Fine." "Is the baby monitor here?" She asked, he nodded leaning down and kissing her, "Don't go all moody with me Jacob Masters." "I'm not Connie Masters." He teased, she shook her head laughing "Go... I love you." "I love you more, get some rest Beautiful." He smiled kissing her softly, she nodded watching him walk to the door, before turning to the side drifting off with ease.

She got up later that day, her robe tied around her still slim frame as she sat facing the high chair. With Afia nearing her birthday, her breastfeeding time had dropped and Afia started to eat with them at meal times. "You like carrot baby?" Connie smiled, watching her eat. After cleaning her with a baby wipe, she lifted her out kissing her head, before placing her down in the living room, cleaning away the pots.

"Mummy!" Grace squealed, Connie smiled hugging her tightly, Hugo and Lucas soon joining. "I missed you all so much!" Connie exclaimed, "We missed you more." Lucas smiled, "And you cook better than Jacob." Hugo giggled, "That is true." Lucas laughed, Connie smiled "Where is Jacob?" "He's got to stay a little later... his exams are coming soon." Hugo nodded, "Right come on... it's homework then maybe we could bake or paint or anything." Connie smiled, they nodded rushing upstairs to change quickly. Charlie laughed, "You've got these in a routine haven't you?" He smiled, she hummed "I suppose.... Coffee?" "Sit down, I can make my own bloody coffee." He smiled.

A short while after Charlie had left, "Mummy can't we paint now?" Hugo asked, "Yeah course." Connie smiled moving to get the paints, "Grace, Lucas! Mummy said we can paint." Hugo called, the pair came rushing down, "Don't get paint on your clothes, it's a pain to get out out." Connie smiled, "Okay." They all called as Connie put Afia in her high chair giving her a rusk while she started to cook dinner. Grace came over quietly, "Mummy." She whispered quietly, Connie looked down smiling "Yes baby." "Can I help you?" "Course you can." Connie smiled, lifting her up on the side, Grace smiled gently. Connie went back to Cooking, Grace hugged her tightly, "Gracie?" Connie asked, hugging her tightly. "I missed you Mummy." Connie kissed her head, "I missed you too baby." Connie dried Grace's cheeks. "Hey, what you crying for?" Connie asked softly, Grace shook her head holding on to her. Connie kissed her head, "Please baby." "I just miss... miss it being me and you sometimes... just sometimes." Connie smiled sadly, hugging her tightly "How about this weekend we do something just me and you?" "No... it's okay." "Grace honestly?" "Okay... I'd like that." Connie smiled kissing her head, "You'll always be my special baby." Connie stated, Grace nodded "I know." Connie smiled kissing her head.