Chapter 10

She woke early that morning, her head buried in his chest. A smile graced her lips as she looked up at him sleeping. She ran her thumb over his cheek, kissing him gently. She tried to wriggle from his grasp, however he just tightened it. She reached her arm back, finding her phone, calling in work saying she was sick. She rested back down into him, taking in his scent. His eyes flickered open a smile spreading across his face seeing her lay there as he kissed her head she looked up, "Morning Muscles." "Mm... You look so beautiful." He uttered, "I look awful." He shook his head "Beautiful." He smiled, "You're one with words Masters... you'll please a lot of women." She chuckled, he hummed "As long as I've got you pleased, I couldn't care about anyone else."

Turning slightly, his hands skimmed her thigh "Stop it." She looked, "What?" He smirked, "You know what." She quipped. He laughed gently, "Con?" She hummed "Are your parents around?" He asked quietly, she shook her head "No." He kissed her head, "Sorry." "It's okay, you were asking a question." He nodded and she looked up "How long till you have to leave?" He groaned, "We have hours yet." She giggled, he smiled, his hand running up and down her side. "What would you like for breakfast... don't say nothing, you need to eat." She looked, a smirk growing on his lips "You." She hit his chest, a flush of colour hitting her. "Seriously." "I am serious." "Jacob..." She groaned, "Fine... Fine, I'll go make us toast?" He suggested. She watched as he flung the covers off himself, standing up. "You need clothes on." She looked, "I believe this house is only occupied by myself and you... and I don't think you'd be one to complain." He smikred, leaning forwards to claim her lips.

They spent the day curled up watching tv. She looked at the time, sighing as she had to leave. She straddled his lap, "Promise me you'll be okay." She uttered, he nodded "I'll be fine-" "And you'll call me if not?" He nodded "I promise." He smiled, kissing her gently "Now go, you don't want to be late for picking your daughter up." She hugged him tightly, "I love you." She spoke gently, a smile radiating off the pair, "I love you too." He uttered against her hair.

"Mummy!" Grace squeeled as she rushed over, Connie smiled lifting her up. "How was daddy's?" "Good. How are you Mummy?" She asked kindly, "Mummy's good, how was school?" She asked walking to the car, with Grace in her arms "Fun!" She squeeled. Placing Grace in the car, she got in her side checking her phone. Not being able to help but feel guilty for leaving him on his own, he haddn't messaged, sighing she continued on home.

Getting home, they went in the house, "Gracie, you watch TV, we're going out soon." She smiled turning the tv on for her, "Okay Mummy." Grace smiled sitting on the sofa as Connie went upstairs. Grabbing a rather large bag, she went into Grace's room gathering a couple of sets of clothes and pyjama's, along with a few other bits and bobs. Going in her room she got clothes and then their toiletries. She couldn't tell if it was the right think to do, but it felt right to her. "Gracie Come on." Connie smiled turning the tv off, Grace skipped over "Where are we going Mummy?" She asked sweetly, "Well do you remember Jacob?" "The boy from the park?" Connie nodded, "Yeah." She smiled, "We are going to stay with him for a few days." "Okay." She smiled, "But first we'll get pizza!" "Yay!" She cheered running out to the car.

After getting the pizzas she drove to Jacob's, getting the bag, she then came and took the pizzas off Grace's knee, then helping Grace out. "Gracie you go knock on." She smiled as she walked up the drive, "Okay." She called rushing up the steps and knocking on. Jacob frowned wondering who was at the door, pausing the film he got up of the sofa and came to the door opening it. "You up for visitors? We have pizza and can be quite the company." Connie smirked, he smiled warmly "Con? You don't have too-" "I want too." She looked, "Well I mean of you have pizza..." He chuckled allowing them in. Grace came and hugged him, "Mummy said you was sad... you shouldn't be sad." She smiled, he hugged her gently only being able to smile. He stood up and noticed the bag, following Connie into the kitchen "The bag?" He frowned, she turned to face him leaning her back against the counter "It didn't feel right... leaving you alone." He came and kissed her deeply, "God I love you." He breathed, she kissed him again, "Likewise." He smiled hugging her tightly "if you want us to go we can-" "No! Unless you want too." "No." She smiled, "Now let's eat." She added, he kissed her head before they both went to eat with Grace.