Chapter 41

She woke pressed against Jacob's chest, she looked smiling gently, watching him sleep. Her phone buzzed on the bedside table making her look over, she grabbed it seeing it was a message from Hugo's dad saying he'd text when he was coming to pick him up. She sent a brief reply letting him know that they'd probably be in all day anyway, possibly a trip to the park, but they'd be in. Looking back to Jacob, she smiled again kissing his lips gently. Hearing giggles erupt from Grace's room, she got up and got ready into something comfy.

She came into Grace's room to find then both playing and laughing. She smiled fondly, "Are you two hungry?" She asked quietly, they both looked up and nodded "Come on then." She smiled, they nodded getting up and following her downstairs. "Mummy, where's Jacob?" "He's in bed sleeping." "After breakfast can we wake him up?" She asked sweetly as Connie lifted them both up to sit at the breakfast counter, "No, I'll wake him up a little later." Grace nodded, "What would you like?" "Toast!" Grace cheered, "Hugo?" "Do you have cereal?" He asked, "Course I do... Frosties or cheerios?" She smiled, "Um... Frosties please." He smiled.

After they had ate their breakfast, they both went into the living room to watch TV, Connie realising she'd left her phone upstairs, she went up to get it. Coming in the room she smiled, seeing him lay flat out on his back away. She looked at him as he looked back, "Morning sleepy head." She laughed coming to lie back on the bed with him. He chuckled gently kissing her before moving down to her neck, "No." She moaned, he looked at her pouting, "There is awake children in the house... Anyway, we have a week off." She smiled, he nodded smiling gently, she kissed him once more. "What time is his dad coming to pick Hugo up?" She shrugged, "God knows, he said he'd text." Jacob nodded, "So films all day?" He grinned, she rolled her eyes "You're so sad." "You what?" He laughed pinning her down and tickling her, giggles erupting from her.

Later that afternoon Connie received a text from Hugo's dad, Connie frowned reading it confused as to what he meant. Getting up from the three of them she went into the kitchen phoning him,
"Mr.Bonning I'm confused as to what your text message meant." She sighed
"Kira, she's fell and they need to keep her in over night... I know it's a lot to ask, but something could go wrong and I need to be here, could you have him for a few more nights, if not I understand."
"Erm... yeah course, err could you bring him some more clothes and pyjama's... he's currently in Grace's pyjama's."
"Yeah, what about shoes?"
"Probably best." 

She came back, placing her hands on her hips, "Well, it looks like we have a visitor for a few more days." She smiled looking to Hugo, "Really?" She nodded, "Your Daddy's going to bring you some clothes later." "Okay." He smiled, Jacob got up following her into the kitchen, "Not that I mind, but how come he's still staying?" "Kira's fell or something and in hospital, he asked if he could stay a few days and he's a well behaved little boy so I didn't see the issue really." Jacob nodded smiling, "In all honesty, I don't see why he gets angry with them." Jacob looked, "Probably because he's unhappy... as adults we can control our feelings, children they don't know how to and not just that, he probably doesn't it for attention... if his dad's not working, he's focused on Kira by the sounds of it." Jacob nodded smiling.

Hugo came into the room, "Excuse me." He spoke softly, they both looked smiling "I wanted to say thank you very much... You've been very nice to me." "It's okay Sweetheart." Connie smiled, he came and hugged Connie gently before hugging Jacob too. "I'm sorry if I've gotten in the way." He looked, "Course not Monkey." Jacob smiled, he smiled back. "Hugo, you know you can Call me Connie and him Jacob." "Okay." He smiled sweetly, before Grace started calling him. "He's like a different kid to the one who was yelling last night." She nodded in agreement, "Yeah, he is." He kissed her gently, she smiled resting her head on his shoulder. "Thank you for not complaining... I know a house full of children, isn't your idea of fun." "Why wouldn't it be?" He laughed, "Well it makes certain things harder to do." She looked, he looked down "Hm... I suppose but they have a bedtime and we have a shower or even a bed, if someone could be quiet." "Oh shut up." She laughed, kissing him. "When is Grace's birthday?" "Next Saturday." "And that's the day of her party?" She nodded "Yeah." "Just taking a mental note." He smiled. "Con... My dad wants to bring Lucas down on Wednesday for me to see him and for my dad to meet you." Connie nodded "Okay." She smiled confidently, "But I don't know what day Hugo is going yet... so we'd have to explain that one." "Alright." He smiled kissing her once more, "Really think it's going to be that long?" She shrugged "I don't think they really want him around in my opinion but I can't comment, I'm not there." She sighed, he nodded, "Come on let's go finish watching this film."