Chapter 143

After her bath she sat curling her hair and doing her makeup, smiling as Jacob came in to freshen up and get ready, Afia now walking around the room, playing with her teddy. Grace came bounding in, "Can I watch you? You always look so pretty Mummy." "Course you can." Connie smiled, running her fingers through her hair before going knocking on the bathroom door.

"If you're just wearing-" "Shut it." She chuckled, "Grace is up here so no walking round naked." She smirked, "I never do that." "You so do Muscles." "Only because I know you enjoy it." He smiled, "Yes well it will traumatised the children." Jacob laughed gently, kissing her softly, "I've not long had that on." She groaned, "You can re apply it beautiful." He smiled, she rolled her eyes with a fond smile as she wandered back to the bedroom to see Grace and Afia lay on the bed.

Connie wore a navy blue floor length dress, which had a silk strip that sat above her bump. Connie came to lie down with the pair, "Whats wrong Gracie?" Connie looked, Grace moving to cuddle her "I thought Daddy would have phoned." She whispered, Connie kissed her head gently "So do you want to see him?" Grace nodded, "You're not mad?" "Course not baby, never ever." "Will Jacob be sad with me?" She asked, Jacob strolling in, he too joined them "And why would I be man Firecracker?" "Because I want to see my Dad." She whispered, "I'm not sad, he's your daddy and I'm your Jacob." He smiled softly, she nodded with a tiny smile "I'll talk to him Okay?" Grace nodded "Thank you Mummy."

Jacob went and greeted the babysitter as Connie added her earrings and necklace before slipping into her heel and making her way downstairs. "No way." Jacob looked as them, "Jacob you know full well if I was teaching I'd be in them so let me have a bit of me back." She pleaded, he sighed gently, "Please." He nodded with a small sigh, before the pair said goodbye to Hugo, Grace and Afia.

"Did I say how great you looked?" He asked as they made their way out the taxi and into the restaurant, "Stop Jay." She pleaded, "Con you look phenomenal." "It wouldn't usually be my first choice." She sulked as they sat down at a table, "Well it looks lovely on you." He smiled. The waiter coming to take their drink orders before leaving them to decide on their mains. "Placing his menu down her took her hand gently, he smiled watching her hum gently.

"Con, you really have changed my life and for the better. You've provided me with two amazing stepchildren, one beautiful daughter and now a Son. Connie I don't want you to ever think for a moment that someone could replace you because it just isn't going to happen Okay?" She smiled wiping away the couple of glassy tears, "Shush, I'm hormonal enough as it is." He smiled rubbing his thumb over the back over her hand, "This about the other night?" She asked, causing him to nod gently, "Sorry." She smiled weakly, "Don't you ever be sorry." "I just get worried... You're still so young Jacob and you've hardly had anytime to just be you." "This is me Con, I like family life." "I love you." She uttered, "I love you most." He smiled before they ordered.

"Lucas is excited." He smiled, Connie smiling fondly, taking a sip of her drink. "How is He?" "He's alright, happy." Connie nodded gently, "Are you happy?" She asked, "Living up here I mean." She added, he nodded "Yeah, you not?" "I'm just not getting out as much as I thought... I think I just miss working." She smiled sadly, "You could always send them to a nursery?" "I don't want too, I love being at home with Afia, watching her grow and her personality it flourish, I think I just need to find friends to go out with through the day." Jacob nodding gently, "She's cheeky now." He chuckled, "I wonder where she gets in from." She smirked looking up to him, the pair continued to chat before their food was brought out.

"You got any names for him?" Jacob asked as they ate, Connie shook her head gently, "No... I don't know." "You don't know?" "I do but it's tough trying to make it fit in, other than Grace they have a pretty unique names." She smiled, "So in actual fact, no I don't." He chuckled gently, "I have one or two." He smiled, Connie nodded gently, waiting. "Maddox- Max for short?" "Maddox Masters?" She raised a brow, "To be fair it does sound daft." "No, I like it, it has a ring to it." She grinned, he smiled warmly "We don't have to settle on anything right now." "That is true Muscles." She smiled.

Arriving home he paid the babysitter before showing her out and Swiftly lifting Connie up, her legs wrapping around his waist, "I bet I weigh a ton." She mumbled before his lips pressed to hers hungrily, "Shhh..." he breathed, before taking her to bed a smirk on both their faces.