Chapter 138

He looped his arms around her from behind as she stood watching Hugo and Grace play, in the large back yard. "Spill Masters." he spoke softly, she shrugged "There's nothing to spill, I'm happy, truly happy." He smiled kissing her cheek, "Me too Beautiful." "Although, I don't want you starting work next week... I'll miss you at home." "You'll miss me? We live right near-" "It's only a distraction when you aren't with me." He chuckled softly, "How are you and baby Masters today?" he asked, she hummed "Good." She smiled, kissing his cheek she wandered off outside.

He watched as she lay on the outdoor seating, a book in one hand while her other ran through Afia's curls, he stepped over placing the coffee on the table sitting with her. She looked up from the book, "I might nip out with Grace, if you don't mind?" "Would I ever?" He smiled lifting, Afia up onto his lap "We will be just fine won't we Fifi?" Jacob cooed, Connie smiled warmly before finishing the chapter of her book. 

"Grace." Connie called up the stairs, "You ready?" Connie added, she rushed down smiling "Yep." "You said bye to Jacob?" Grace pulled her coat on, rushing out to the Garden hugging him tightly, "Woah Firecracker, you okay?" Grace nodded with a smile "See you later." She giggled before racing back to Connie. The pair made their way out to the car, Connie helping her with her belt before getting in her own side. "Where are we going?" "Anywhere you like." Connie smiled, Grace shrugged "I don't know." "We could go to the cinema?" "I don't mind." She smiled, "Shopping?" Grace shook her head, "We can go to the cinema." Connie nodded with a warm smile.

"Mum." Grace looked as they stepped out the cinema, heading to the car, "Yes baby?" "When is Dad coming back?" She asked hesitantly, "Um... Gracie, I'm not too sure." Grace sighed heavily, "I've not seen him in forever and he's always too busy to speak." "I know, but work is busy at the moment... He loves you so much, you're still his Gracie." "I just want to see him." Connie nodded understandingly, "I'll talk with him okay?" "Really?" "Promise." Connie smiled, Grace grinned widely, "Now I told Jacob we'd get pizza for dinner so we best be off." 

"Sam?" Connie uttered

"Connie?" 

"You free to talk longer than two seconds?" She snipped

"Sure." he sighed

"You said eight months... Not two years. She's missing you, Sam, she wants to see you." Connie exhaled

"Find me someone who will let me have time off Connie." 

"Sam I understand that, but why are you still over there, you said eight months." 

"I like it over here."

"Please Sam, I'm not doing this out of the kindness of my heart... I'm doing it for her, she is really missing you." Connie begged

"I'll see what I can do." He sighed

"Thank you."

"How did that go?" Jacob asked kindly as she slipped into the bed with him, "Not the worst." She mumbled, he nodded kissing her head gently. "I'm so tired." Connie groaned, moving her head into his chest. "I suggest you sleep then Sweetcheeks." "Now that would be an Idea wouldn't it?" She uttered, sighing heavily "If only your child wouldn't keep me up all night." She snipped, "Our child." He corrected, "Not right now it's not." He laughed kissing her head once more, "Come on sleep-" "It's only ten." She whined, "But you're tired." She hummed looking up at him, "Are you?" "A little, but it's not about me right now." She rolled her eyes a small smile passing her lips, "You're so very beautiful." He stated, she chuckled as a flush of colour came over her, "You're the only person that thinks that-" "Not factually true but go on." She shook her head smiling, he kissed her softly. "Now sleep Mrs.Masters." She smiled, moving to somewhere she was comfortable, "I love you." "I love you more." He smiled, playing with her hair while she dozed off.