Chapter 107

"Fucking hell Chase how many more kids... be calling you the piedpiper next." Cal gasped, "He's my brother." Jacob glared, "Fuck me, Lucas you've grown." "Caleb who said you were allowed back In here?" "I'll change my ways." He smiled, "Doesn't seem like you've changed at all... one chance and I mean one chance." She stated, he nodded taking a seat.

She sat quietly at her desk, Lucas sitting with Jacob at the back and Afia sleeping. She sighed not knowing what to do with herself, her ring catching in the light she looked down at it smiling, deciding to look at wedding venues and dresses she searched. Ric came in "Connie... I need a work outside." She looked up at him, minimising the tab and coming outside.

"Yeah?" She questioned, "Those students... with the gun, they aren't getting charged for shooting Jacob-" "What?" She frowned, "They've said to Jeremy, his act were stupid and if he haddn't have told them to shoot him, there probably wouldn't have been a casualty... there still being changed for having a weapon and intent to harm-" "Intent." She scoffed, "Someone was hurt." She quipped regaining her emotions. "And guess what Ric, you're telling the wrong person." She snipped, "Connie I know you're close to Jacob-" "He's my fiancé... we're a little more than close." "Connie, you need stay professional about this-" "Regardless of who it was shot I'd be the exact same... Intent? He was shot! He was in hospital! He had surgery! Intent are you out of your mind?" She yelled, people from the class now looking through the windows at them, "Connie it wasn't my decision." "Ric my department, I'll be as professional or unprofessional as I like, understood?" She glared, he simply nodded "Go Ric." "Connie-" "Go." She spoke coldly.

She came into the room, checking Afia was still soundless. "Jacob... I need a word outside, about the incident a few weeks back." She spoke authoritatively, he nodded placing his pen down and coming after he making sure she shut the blinds. "Yeah?" He smiled, she looked over his face, looking down refusing to meet his eyes, "They aren't being charged for what they did to you Jacob, they said you brought it on yourself." She whispered, "What?" He laughed in disbelief, "They've said they'll be charged having an illegal weapon and intent to harm." She spoke her eyes still not meeting his, trying to stay calm on the matter, "Intent?" He scoffed, "Are you taking her piss? Intent!" She finally looked up to Jim, "Jaco-" "No! No matter what you say or do it's not going to fix this... what was the point in telling me Connie!" He yelled angrily, "Jacob." She looked taking his hand, he swiftly pulled it away, "I'm going for some air." She yelled walking back into the room, she followed him not caring who heard. "Jacob, it's not my fault!" "You didn't have to tell me! Intent Connie! Intent! I was fucking shot!-" "I know I was there!" "Yeah and I'm sure you'll agree, I brought it on myself-" "Don't you fucking dare do that Jacob! Put words it my mouth, you know aren't true!" The room became deadly silent, "Intent Con?" He whispered, "Back to work!" She yelled to the rest of them, taking his hand she guided him outside the room. Lucas followed them, "Are you okay?" He asked, Jacob now crying. "Yeah... Jacob's just had some bad news." She smiled sadly, he nodded "Now could you do me a favour?" She asked him, he nodded "If Afia starts crying, you come and get me okay?" He nodded smiling, she smiled watching as he shut the door.

She dropped to the floor, "Intent Connie." He sobbed, she exhaled swallowing past the lump in her throat, "I know." She whispered, holding him tightly, "I'm sorry." He looked, she shook her head kissing him, Ric passing, she looked at him glaring angrily, quickly turning her attention back to Jacob. "I've still got the wound, where that bullet-" "Jacob stop." She begged, she sat holding him for a few minutes, a word passing neither of them, but it obvious he was crying her top becoming wet. "You're not going to lessons like this." She whispered, "I'll be fine." "I don't care." He nodded, she kissed his head gently, "We should probably get back inside before everyone starts leaving rooms." She spoke gently, he nodded standing up, helping her to get up. "Jacob, sorry tear hers that those knobs aren't getting what they deserve." Cal looked sincerely, he nodded smiling weakly "Thanks." "Right everyone pack away." Connie commented calmer than before.

"Con what's this?" He asked as she woke Afia to feed her, "What's what?" She asked coming sitting on his knee, he pointed to the four Internet tabs that were all wedding places of clothes, she smiled, "I get bored watching you all work... I was just looking." He nodded smiling, "I like the idea of us just going away... just us and the kids for a weekends and we just get married." She smiled, "If that's what you want, that's what we'll do." He smiled claiming her lips softly, Lucas came over, Connie got up moving out the way "Jacob are you sure you're okay." He nodded letting his brother sit on his knee, "Yeah, I'm fine." He reassured Lucas, Connie looked at him, smiling weakly.