Chapter 67

She lay awake, her head comfortably resting on his chest like usual. She looked up at him, smiling at how peaceful he looked. She sighed heavily hearing the door go. She pulled herself up off the bed, wrapping the robe around her frame and going down to the door. "Connie." Sam grinned as she opened the door, she frowned "Sam... You're in a America." "Obviously, I'm not." He looked her body up and down. "Always answer the door looking like that." "Sam, shut up... Grace is still sleeping." She stated, he nodded "Well can I come in and wait?" "Yeah." She breathed.

She made him a drink before going upstairs to get dressed properly, looking to Jacob she came and kissed him gently. "Morning." He groaned tiredly, "Sam's here... Anyway, you sleep in." She smiled kissing him once more, "Sam? Isn't he in America?" "He was." She groaned, "How are you and our baby?" He asked caringly, "We are just fine, now sleep... I don't remember the last time you had a lie in-" "You're trying to avoid me meeting Sam, I'm not dumb... you of all people should know that." "Well no, I just know Sam and he'll make comments and you'll get pissed off, so it's easier if we avoid the situation." "Alright... I will, just for you." She laughed kissing him again before leaving him to sleep.

"Mummy, who's that man?" Hugo asked as he sat playing with his toys, "When did you wake up?" She laughed, "Not long ago... who is he?" "This is Grace's daddy." He nodded, "Shall we go and get breakfast?" "Okay." He smiled skipping off to the kitchen, "Who's that? He's calling you Mummy." Sam frowned, "You've been away for a while... Things change, surprisingly you can't expect to go away for months and come back for it to be the same." She sighed, "Grace is happy, simple." She looked going to get Hugo something to eat. She looked as Jacob came into the kitchen, opening her mouth to speak although he interrupted her "I won't get mad, I just couldn't fall back asleep." She nodded as he came over, enveloping her in an embrace. "Jacob." He hummed, "I need to give Hugo his breakfast, he's hungry." She looked up at him, "I'm not stopping you." He laughed, "And you aren't making it easy." She smirked.

"Who's that?" Sam questioned, "My partner." She mumbled "And how longs this one going to last?" "Shut up. You have no right coming in here and lecturing me, you've not been around... we've been together for months, before you even left." She groaned, sitting down. "So can I take her out?" "Sam, I'm not going to stop you taking your daughter out." He nodded "Well things have changed." He remarked, she rolled her eyes "Stop." She snapped, Jacob looked as he came in the living room. He stuck his palm out for Sam to shake "Jacob Masters." He stated, Sam looked him up and down, "Grace's Dad." He stated simply, he nodded sitting down next to Connie, Hugo came into the door frame. "Can I go and wake Grace?" He questioned, Connie nodded "Yeah... tell her Daddy is her." Connie smiled, he nodded skipping off.

Grace raced down, closely followed by Hugo. "Daddy!" She squeeled running to hug him, "Gracie." He smiled hugging her tightly. "You've gotten so big." He commented, she smiled nodding a little "You know. Mummy having a baby, I get to be a bug sister!" She cheered, "Oh right." He smiled, she nodded grinning. "I've missed you so much!" She squeeled, "I missed you too." He smiled, "How about you go and get ready and we go out for the day?" She looked to Connie, "Course you can." Connie smiled, she smiled and looked back to Sam "Can Hugo come?" She questioned, "Erm... I just thought-" "Grace, Daddy wants to spend time with you." Connie smiled, "Okay... Hugo you don't mind do you?" She looked, he shook his head.

Once Grace and Sam had left, Connie noticed how Hugo looked a little sad. "How about we take Simba for a walk?" She looked, he smiled and little with a nod. "Jacob too?" "I think Jacob could stay here and make us a warm drink for when we get back?" She suggested, he nodded smiling "Okay." He smiled rushing to get his shoes and coat on. "We won't be long." She looked, putting Simba on his lead. He kissed her gently "Careful." "Pregnant, not dying." She quipped, "I'm just saying to be careful." He smiled kissing her gently, "I love you." He smiled, "I love you too."

She held the lead in one hand, Hugo's hand in another. "Hugo, are you okay?" She questioned, he nodded "It's just... Grace's Daddy really cares about her and it makes me a little upset because my Daddy doesn't care about me..." "Course he's does, it just the baby is on the way-" "Well you're having a baby and you still care about me and Grace." "I know, but people deal with things in different ways." She smiled gently, he nodded quietly.

"Thank you." He smiled taking the mug from Jacob, "No problem, you okay Monkey?" Jacob smiled, he nodded smiling "Yeah." He looked before carefully Carrying the drink into the living room, Jacob handed Connie a drink, "He's just upset about his dad." Connie commented, Jacob nodded understandingly "have you heard from Jim?" "No." She sighed "What times Grace home?" "He said six, we'll see." She groaned, he nodded "He hasn't seen her in months-" "I know, but she has school tomorrow." He kissed her gently "Stay calm." She nodded, walking through to the living room, he followed her and so did Simba, the three sitting down to watch a film.