Chapter 94

"Jacob, I've not heard from Jim." she panicked, "Con, they are probably enjoying themselves." He smiled, she nodded, "A call wouldn't hurt would it? If I just called to say goodnight?" She questioned looking at him, "Con, stop panicking, Jim is his dad." She nodded looking down at Afia as she fed her, "But he's not been there for him... what if he gives him food he doesn't like or does something he doesn't want him to-" "Connie calm down... You don't get like this when Grace goes away." "That's because Sam's not incompetent and he loves her and she speaks up for herself... Hugo just gets on with it." "Sweetcheeks, he's going to be just fine." He smiled gently kissing her head, "I still think I should phone... just for my own worry and doubts." He looked at her, nodding a little.

"Jim?" She asked,
"Connie." He mumbled
"Can I speak with Hugo? I just wanted to say goodnight." She asked sweetly,
"Sure... he's in his room, two seconds." He stated,
She heard him calling him, "Hugo?" She asked,
"Mummy!" He cheered happily, rushing off into his room and shutting the door.
"Are you having a good time?" She asked gently, the silence giving her the answer she needed. "What did you do today?" She exhaled
"Are you okay and Grace and Afia and Jacob?" He questioned,
"Hugo what's wrong?" She asked gently,
"Mummy are you okay?" He asked harsher,
"Hugo, I can come and pick you up." She continued to speak softly, her voice soothing to him.
"I'm okay... I need to go now... I love you."
"Hugo?" She questioned but he had already hung up.

Jacob looked at her, "Con?" "Jacob I told you... something didn't feel right." She looked even more anxious, he took her hand "He'll be okay... Connie you've had hardly any rest, you need to try and get some." "Jacob, I'm worried about him." "I know, I know but you matter too, you need your rest." He looked at her, her face stern. He exhaled "I'll stay awake, wake you if anything happens." Her gaze softening gently, moving into him she shut her eyes "Promise?" "Promise." He confirmed running his fingers through her curls, she nodded drifting off.

She woke around three, not to the sound of Afia but to the sound of her phone ringing, tiredly she answered it,
"Hello?" She mumbled
"Mummy." Hugo whispered
She sat up rubbing her eyes "Hugo, why aren't you sleeping?" She asked softly,
"I want to come home." He pleaded "I snuck on Daddy's phone."
She looked at Jacob who lay sleeping next to her, "I'll come and get you."
"Now?"
"Yeah, it might take a little while but I should be there for seven... eight is the latest."
"Thank you... I'm sorr-"
"Hold it right there Monkey... you don't need to be sorry."

She kissed his cheek gently, his eyes opening, he smiled gently "I'm going to get Hugo." She looked, "What?" He frowned, "Hugo, he wants me to pick him up, I'm going to get him." She repeated, he nodded "Want me to come?" She shook her head "No, you stay here with Grace... I should be back before twelve." She smiled kissing him gently.

"Jim where is he?" She snapped, "Connie calm down, he's fine why are you here?" "I fancied a drive." She looked, "I'm here because he called me at three asking to come home... so bring him here with his things." She glared, "Hugo!" He yelled, "Stop yelling at him." She looked, "I'm calling him and don't get involved." "Involved?" She scoffed, "He's my son." "You're not his mum when will the pair of you see it!" "You handed him to me on a plate, I'm not trying to replace his Mum-" "You just called him your son." "Yeah... well... He is my son! He has another mum too, I'll never be her I know that." "So stay out of it." "Jim I'm not about to stay out of it now you want him!" She yelled, exhaling she looked at him calmly "Just bring him to me and you can enjoy your holiday." She breathed, "He's my son Connie... biologically-" "Really? Now that's a shock." She snipped sarcastically. "Connie just go home." "No." She folded her arms tightly against her chest, "Connie you're not seeing him till he's due home." "Fine, that was the nice way." She looked before moving around him and storming into the villa, Kira looking over "Jim?" Kira questioned.

Connie found his room easily, "Mummy!" He cheered happily running over and hugging her, she hugged him tightly "Are you okay?" She asked gently looking at him, he nodded "Now you've come to get me." He grinned, she smiled kissing his head "Right let's get your things together... if we leave now we might be able to get McDonald's for dinner." She grinned, he giggled "You know Connie your baby's in the car." Jim commented, "Never... I know the air con is still on." She mumbled, quickly packing Hugo's things away, "Monkey you go get in the car, I can do this." She smiled, "Can I get in the back with Afia?" He asked quietly, "Course you can!" She exclaimed poking him joking making him giggle, before skipping out to the car. "Connie this is kidnap." "Oh shut up, he doesn't want to be here." "Or is that what you've made him think? You've not wanted him to go-" "I didn't want him to come because I know how useless you are... Grace's Dad is on the other side of the world and still manages to call." She snapped standing back up, "I'm not having you messing him around like this." She snipped before moving past him and out to the car "Goodbye Jim." She looked getting into the car, after putting the case in the boot, and driving off.

A Forbidden Love (complete)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara