Chapter 44

"He's said adoption." She whispered, as they sat in the kitchen out the way of little ears. Jacob nodded, kissing her temple. "Jacob, why does it feel like everything in our relationship is getting serious." She looked, feeling a little teary. "Woah, Woah Woah. This has always been serious." He looked, taking her hands, "I just need to know this, Me and two children... and a bloody puppy, is what you want. I love you so much and this is so much you're only seventeen and I don't want to scare you off-" her panic was cut by the pressing of his lips to hers, "Don't ask me again." He smiled, "I want this... I'm going no where." "Okay... it's just, I've took a child on, just took one on board, normally you get time to prepare, this is just-" "Very fast?" He suggested, she nodded exhaling "Yeah... it's happened in the space of three days and one evening." She stated, "Well there is always holding off?" "No, it's just going to take some time to get use too... Jim said he'd set it all up himself." "Jacob nodded taking her hand, "I'm with you every step of the way." He smiled squeezing it.

The pair went and sat in the living with Hugo and Grace, Connie called Grace over who smiled and came to sit on her knee, Hugo looked over, "Monkey, we need a talk." Jacob smiled, he nodded and sighed turning to face them both "Do I have to go home now?" "Not exactly." Connie looked, Hugo just looked, confused as to what they meant. "My Mummy and Jacob want to know if you'll also have them as your Mummy and Jacob too, oh and my brother." Grace smiled innocently, Connie chuckled kissing her head. "I spoke with your Daddy... How about you come and live here forever with your own room and all your toys from home? You can still see your Daddy of course." Connie smiled, "Really?" He spoke, his eyes widening, "Yes really... Maybe after Grace's birthday we could decorate your room?" Jacob smiled, he came over quickly hugging the three of them.

A knock on the door made all four of them frown, "See you're fitting in around here already." Connie chuckled, he smiled warmly as Jacob went to go and answer. Connie kissed both their heads as they cuddled into her, "I love you both." Connie smiled, "Grace's Mum you have a lot of love." "It's Connie." She laughed, "And yes I do." She smiled, "But me just a tiny bit more?" Grace whispered and Connie nodded kissing her cheek. "I think we should show Hugo his first film night tonight, what do you think?" Connie smiled looking to Grace, "Yeah!" She cheered, "Erm... Connie." Jacob looked, she looked raising a brow. "My dad has decided to drop on a day early." She looked at herself "I need to go and change-" "No, you look fine." He smiled, she nodded "Well let him and Lucas in." She chuckled, he nodded with a smile moving out the way to allow them in. Connie stood up, shaking Jacob's dad's hand, Jacob looking the exact spit of him. "David." He smiled, "Connie." She smiled back seeing Jacob rolling his eyes. David peered around her, "I was told one child." "Well now there's two, does it make a difference." Jacob looked, "lose the attitude." David glared, "Oh sorry I'm still not happy with you... does he even know?" Jacob looked, "I'll tell him when the time is right." Jacob rolled his eyes, "Oh sorry I forgot you've hung out with two kids and feel you deserve father of the year." "If you're going to be like that you can shut the door on your way out... it's not your house to start in."

"So Connie, I hear you're my sons teacher? What's he like in school?" David smiled, "Yeah... he's good in my class and good in the others from what I hear." Jacob went to the kitchen to get Lucas a drink, "If you ever need a real man, give us a call." Connie narrowed her eyes, "I've already got a real man... a real man wouldn't go behind their sons back to sleep with their girlfriend." "Your loss." "I really don't think it is." "Oh I do." "Well then, you're the fool." She laughed "That's ironic." She mumbled, "Sorry do you not know what that means?" The pair unaware Jacob had heard. "So are they twins?" "No... Grace is mine and Hugo, well I'm adopting Hugo." David frowned "Why?" "Because, that's what's best for him." "Wait till he gets older and throws it in your face." "Well I have a lot of time till then." "You know what dad, just go. You've obviously come to cause an argument, well get out and don't bother contacting me again." "It's always a drama with you." He sighed, "No, you came here for a argument so just go." "Fine, Lucas."

"Hmmm... what was that?" She smirked, "I'm not too sure." He chuckled, she moved closer to his ear "That dominance, makes me want you." She smiled, he groaned. "Mmmm... don't." He whined, she laughed kissing him, "For the record, I think you deserve stepfather if the year award... Not once have you ever moaned or been too busy, you always make time." She smiled, he smiled kissing her once again, "Oh we're having pizza and film night tonight." "Sounds good to me." He grinned.