1.

One Week Later

Evan and I are sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast when his phone rings. He looks at me. "I have to take this. It's my agent." He walks out of the room.

Evan is an actor and he's been in heaps of movies. He's mostly been in action films, but he told me recently that he auditioned for a romantic comedy that will be filmed here in Los Angeles.

At least he won't be too far from home.

My phone starts to vibrate on the table and I look at the caller ID. "Yasmin" pops up on the screen and I answer it.

Me: hey, Yas.

Yasmin: Are you coming in today?

Me: Yeah, why?

Yasmin: You're late!

I look at the clock in the kitchen and realise that I am indeed late.

Me: Sorry, I'll be there in twenty minutes.

Yasmin: Why twenty? You live just around the corner from the office.

Me: I'm not living there at the moment. I will tell you all about it when I get there.

Yasmin: You better be here before Xanthe shows up.

I don't want to be on Yasmin's sisters bad side. It's enough witnessing her outbursts, but being on the receiving end of them would be worse.

Me: How long until your twin shows up?

Yasmin: I don't know.

I hang up the phone.

Evan walks into the kitchen with a smile on his face. "I got the lead role in that romantic comedy I was telling you about."

"Congrats," I hug him. "I would take you out to celebrate right now, but I have to go to work. Do you have a car that I can use?"

He shakes his head. "I'll drive you to work. I want to spend as much time with you as I can before I go on set. Once I start filming we won't be seeing each other that much. I could be working when you get home or I could be sleeping when you leave for work." Evan takes my hand and we walk to the car. He opens the door for and I climb in. He rounds the car and climbs in.

I give him directions to the office and he follows them.

Evan pulls the car into the parking lot fifteen minutes later. He looks at the cars in the parking lot. "What are we doing here, Ariana?"

I step out of the car and make my way to the door. I scan my badge. "I work here, Evan."

He grabs my hand. "You work with the Butler Twins?"

"Yeah,"

He laughs. "Why didn't I know that you work for the best fashion designers around? Bethany spent hours telling me all about them and I didn't know that someone I'm close to works for the twins."

Yasmin walks around the corner. "You're here, Ariana. Great. We need to get you ready before the demon spawn walks in." She stops when she sees Evan. "Hello, gorgeous."