23.

Evan walks through the crowd looking for the nearest restroom leaving me alone at the table.

A chair across from me is pulled out and Georgia takes a seat. "Do you remember me from high school?"

Seriously she wants to reminisce? We weren't friends in high school.

I look at her. "I remember you. You wee the quiet nerd that had a crush on Rafael who was also a nerd back then, but he also played basketball which made him a little bit cooler."

Georgia laughs. "That true." She leans across the table. "I need your help."

How can I help her?

I feel a set of eyes on me and I turn around and see Xanthe glaring daggers at Georgia. "What do you need?"

"How did you get Evan to propose to you?" She looks at the back of the room where Rafael is standing. "I want Rafael to notice me more than a friend."

I sigh. "He's not going to be more than a friend for you, Georgia. Rafael is in love with Xanthe. Can't you tell with the way he can't take his eyes off her for five seconds and when she's on the other side of the room his eyes are on her making sure she's safe. He won't ever do that to you, Georgia. Just move on from him. There's plenty of guys for you here."

She slams her hand on the table. "I'm going to get him with or without your help."

"Good luck with that."

I pull my phone out of my pocket and send a message to Xanthe.

Evan sits next to me and he drapes his arm across my shoulder

Evan sits next to me and he drapes his arm across my shoulder. "I saw you taking to Georgia. What did she want?"

"She wants my help in taking Rafael from Xanthe. That woman is as deranged as..."

Evan cuts me off. "Bethany," he looks at Georgia. "I know. Why is it that some girls change when they think their in love with someone that doesn't love them."

I look at him. "I didn't change when I was in love with you. I just learnt to keep it quiet when we went to university together. After you got with Bethany I built a wall around my heart. Over the last couple of weeks the wall has crumbled down and now I feel vulnerable to you. I'm just waiting for the pin to drop."

Evan takes my hand in his and pulls me onto the dance floor. "It's never going to drop."

He's only saying that because Bethany isn't here.

I stop a waiter and grab two glasses of champagne and I hand one over to Evan.

He takes it from me and we drink.

When the waiter walks back around I place the empty glasses on the tray.

Evan pulls me onto the dance floor. He places his right hand on my hand and his left is on my hips.