Going home with the baby

2 days later

I place my hand under Crystal's head and bottom and I lift her out of the crib. I pull her towards my chest and walks over to the bed.

Evan helps me change Crystal into a light purple onesy. He puts a beanie on her head. "Are got ready to go home Crystal and Mommy?"

"I am."

Mom walks into the room and she looks at me. "Do you want me to stay at you're house with you until you get into a schedule going for Crystal?"

"Yes, please."

She looks at Evan. "Are you ready to learn how to change a diaper?"

Evan's face pales and he looks at me. "Are you seriously going to make me change her?"

I nod. "What if I'm at the office and you're with Crystal for the day. Do you really expect me to travel all the way home to change her."

He sighs. "No," looking at Mom he adds. "I'm not sure if I'm ready for that huge responsibility."

Mom places her hand on his shoulder. "I'll be with you for the first time that Ariana goes out if that makes you comfortable."

"Really?"

"Yes,"

I sign the discharge papers and then I carry Crystal out of the hospital.

Evan opens the car door for me. He steps aside, so I can put Crystal in the newborn capsule car seat.

 He steps aside, so I can put Crystal in the newborn capsule car seat

I strap her in and climb into the backseat.

Evan looks at me. "Don't you want to sit at the front with me?"

I shake my head. "I feel like sitting next to our daughter. Mom can sit next to you."

Mom holds her hand out to him. "Get in the Evan. I'll drive you home. I'm sure you want to sit next to your daughter as well."

Evan climbs in on the other side of Crystal and he looks into the capsule. "She's cute when she's fast asleep."

I look at him. "Yeah, she is. She won't be cute when she's throwing up, peeing and pooing all over us."

He rolls his eyes. "Why do have to ruin perfectly good moments with reality?"

I shrug.

Mom pulls the car out of the hospital parking lot and she heads in the direction of our place.

***

At home Evan lifts Crystal out of the capsule and he heads towards the house.

Mom unlocks the door for us and we step into the house.