Giving Birth

The car ride isn't too far to the hospital and I'm in pain as I feel a contraction.

I grab Evan's hand and squeeze. "It hurts." Tears begin to fall down my face from the pain I'm in.

My daughter didn't want to wait for us to finish at the premier to be born.

She has her own mind and that's set on coming out as soon as possible.

Evan's hand turns white from how hard I'm squeezing his hand. "You're hurting my hand."

Looking at him I say. "We you're not the one that's about to squeeze something the size of a watermelon out of her. All I want you to do is shut up and let me squeeze you're hand."

Another contraction hits me and I scream.

Evan looks at the driver. "How long until we get to the hospital? I don't want my wife to have our daughter in the back on the limo."

I place my hand on my stomach and I start to talk to my daughter. "Hey, baby girl. Can you wait a little longer to come out? I'm close to the hospital and I don't want to give birth to you in a stuffy limo."

Evan laughs. He moves his mouth towards my stomach. "Listen to Mommy. She knows best. When she's wrong, just agree with her and you're life will be simple."

I slap the back of his head. "Don't tell her that. You're going to give her your bad traits."

A smiles spreads across his face. "I don't have bad traits. I'm handsome, charming and I'm the man that you love the most in the world."

I grit my teeth. "At this moment. I hate you."

He moves his mouth to my ear and he says. "You don't mean that. You're just in pain from the watermelon that's going to come out of you soon. Just think about when it's over. We're going to have a beautiful girl."

"She's going to be a bloody alien. Only that a parent could love."

***

As soon as we get to the hospital a wheel chair is placed by the door and Evan climbs out of the limo.

He pulls the wheelchair over to the limo and I step out of the car.

Evan helps me into the chair. He wheels me into the hospital and he tells someone at the counter that I'm about to give birth.

The lady behind the counter gives him the directions to the birthing ward and he follows the instructions.

As soon as we get to the birthing ward I feel another contraction and I scream out in pain.

The nurse steps out from behind the counter and she asks me how far the contractions are.

I can't reply to her as another hits me and I squeeze the chair I'm on.

"Take her through to room 4. I'll have someone check to see how far dilated she is."

Evan wheels me to the room and then he helps me into the gown that's sitting on the chair.

I stand up and start to remove my clothes.

Evan helps me into the gown. He picks me up and carries me to the bed.

A nurse walks into the room once in placed on the bed. She moves between my legs. "On the next contraction I want you to push."