35.

Knox and Evan have been gone awhile and I'm starting to get worried.

What if Knox has done something to him?

Lauren touches my arm. "Knox isn't going to hurt Evan. He hasn't done anything to hurt my family. The thing you should know about us is, if our family is in the danger then the rest of us are too. We would do anything to protect our family and it's starting to turn out that you're part of our family as well." She looks at the stairs. "That's probably what Evan is talking to Knox about."

Evan has been protective of me since we got together.

It's feels weird to have someone do that for me. I'm used to taking care of myself and dealing with situations as they arise, but with Evan it's like he's taking more things seriously and trying to protect me from things that I don't even know about.

I don't like being clueless when it comes to my life.

The thing about me is that I like to deal with things head on, it's just the way I am. Lately, I haven't been feeling like myself with all the people I love and trust keeping secrets from me.

If I don't start hearing things from them soon enough I will start my own tracking process of my family and see how they like.

My parents don't seem to keep things from me. It's mostly my brothers and Evan.

Tracking Evan will be easier than my brothers, as I know where he'll be for the upcoming months. Which is either with me or on set with the secret romantic comedy he's the lead in.

Charlie walks over to me. "What do you think of the family? They're great, right?"

A smile spreads across my face. "You chose great, Charlie. Our brothers are going to be harder to convince. They barely like the fact that I'm engaged to my best friend and they've known him since we were kids."

She laughs. "I have to tell Jasper to be careful around our brothers then, but something tells me they already know that I have a boyfriend that I've kept a secret from them."

Looking at her I say. "What happened with the guy you went out with after the beach day?"

She looks in the direction of Jasper and he's pretending to look at the picture on the wall, but I know he's listening to the conversation that I'm having with Charlie.

Her face pales and she looks at the ground. "I was trying to make Jasper jealous."

Jasper takes a step towards her and he puts his arms around her. He looks lovingly into her eyes as he says. "It worked too." He kisses her cheek. "I was afraid that my life wasn't a good place for her. As you can see she doesn't care."

Knox and Evan walk into the room laughing like they're best friends.

Lauren turns towards me and she says. "Told you."

Knox kisses her and he says. "What did you tell her?"

"That you weren't going to hurt, Evan. She was worried about him."

Evan wraps his arms around me. "I'm fine. I just wanted to talk to Knox about a few things. It's all settled now."

A woman with blonde hair walks into the room and she looks at Knox. "Dinner is ready, Sir." She walks out of the room.