The Party

Evan and I are in his bedroom packing overnight bags. He told me this morning that he wants to spend the night at his parents place after the party.

I look at him. "On the way to the house can we stop at the drug store? I need to get something."

Evan walks over to me. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. If I wasn't I would tell you."

"Okay," he wraps his arms around me and kisses me. "I love you."

"I love you too, Evan. We should head to your parents place now if you want to greet all the guests that are going to show up."

He grabs our bags and we head to the door.

We climb into the car and he heads in the direction of the drugstore.

As we get to the drug store I see a van park behind us and a guy steps out of the car with a camera.

Great! The paparazzi are on our tail. How am I going to get the pregnancy test without them taking a photo of it.

"You can stay in the car. I won't be too long." Stepping out of the car I head to the door of the drugstore.

I pick up a magazine and walk to the aisle that holds the pregnancy tests in them. I grab two boxes and stuff it inside the magazine.

As I walk down the aisle I pick up a box of tampons and walks over to the counter.

Hopefully this will work.

Looking up I see the paparazzi and they begin to take photos of me while the girl behind the counter scans the items.

She looks at me and then at the window. "You don't want them to see the pregnancy test?" She asks.

"That's right. Would you be able to hide it from them?"

"Sure," she scans the items. "Can I get your autograph before you leave?"

I pull out a pen and piece of paper. Looking at her name tag I write it on the piece of paper.

Dear Christa,
Follow your dreams, it will make you happy.

- Ariana

I slide the paper across to her and she looks at it.

"Thanks, Ariana." She pushes a strand of brown hair behind her ear. "Do you want to know what I want to be?"

I shake my head. "What do you want to be?"

"A photographer. Just like you. I've seen heaps of your photos and they inspired me."

A smile spreads across my face. "That's great." I open my purse and pull out a card for her. "This has my personal number on it. Give me a call and I will meet up with you to have a look at your work."

She squeals. "That would be great." She bags my items.

"Bye," I wave at her as I walk out the door.

The paparazzi ask me questions and I ignore them.

I climb into the car and Evan pulls out of the parking lot.

"What took you so long in the store?"

"I was talking to the girl behind the counter. She's a photographer."

He laughs. "Let me guess. You gave her your number and you want to meet up with her."

"Of course I do. If she has talent I can help get her a job somewhere."