44

Evan's in the kitchen with an apron on and his bare backside is facing me as he cooks breakfast.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. "How long until breakfast?" I whine.

Evan looks at me and says. "Soon," he kisses me. "You should sit at the table and I'll bring it over for you."

"I'm going to make myself a coffee first." I pour the coffee into the cup and add some milk to it. I wrap my hands around the mug and carry it to the table.

Pulling out my phone I take a picture of Evan in his apron.

He hears the click of the camera and he turns towards me. "You didn't take a picture of me did you?"

"Uh, huh!" A smirk comes across my face and I say. "I sent to Lauren and Knox."

"You better run."

I don't need to be told twice.

I stand up from the table and run up the stairs.

Evan is close behind me and then all of a sudden I feel his arms wrap around me. "I got you beautiful." He begins to tickle me and I start laughing. "I'm going to pay you back for sending a picture to our friends."

"Stop..." I get out between laughs.

Evan leans down and his lips crash against mine.

Wrapping my arms around him I deepen the kiss.

As we continue to kiss the smoke alarm starts to go off.

"Shit!" Evan heads for the door. "I forgot about breakfast." He runs down the stairs.

I slowly follow behind him.

When I get to the kitchen the food smells burnt and I see him throw away the charcoal bacon and eggs.

I walk over to the cupboard and I pull out a box of lucky charms. "At least we have cereal to eat." I pour a bowl for myself and add some milk to it. I leave the box on the table for Evan.

Evan enjoys eating a big breakfast while I am opposite.

I'm happy to eat cereal and have a coffee for breakfast.

Evan picks up a spoon and he sits next to me. He pulls my bowl towards him and he starts eating it.

"That's mine,"

He shrugs. "You were ignoring the bowl while it sat in front of you.

I stand up and walk over to the box and I take it with me to the table. I pull out a lucky charm and put it in my mouth.

Evan pulls a face. "How can you eat that without milk?"

"I used to munch on these on the way to school when you picked me up in Senior. You never complained."

He frowns. "Is that what the crunching noise was? I thought it was something else."

"I have to meet Lauren at the bakery. I'll be home later."

"Okay," he gives me a peck. "Have fun with your friend. Call me when you're on your way home."

"Yes, sir." I salute him.