The Wedding Planner

I pull my phone off the iPod dock and I check it for missed calls or texts. I see a missed call from Lauren and I dial the message bank.

Lauren: Hey, its Lauren. We have an appointment available for you today at 11:30. If you can make it give me a call and I'll give you the address to my business. My business partner isn't here today, so it will be the two of us going through things for your wedding. I'll talk to you see.

I end the call with the message bank and I call Lauren.

She picks up on the third ring.

Lauren: It's about time you called me back.

Me: Sorry, I just woke up.

Lauren: How's the pregnancy going?

Me: It's a pain. I'm glad that the morning sickness is gone.

Lauren: You're not going to look forward to what I'm going through. It feels like I have to pee every five minutes. This bloody baby is sitting on my bladder.

I laugh.

Me: Aren't you close to giving birth now?

Lauren: Yes, in a couple of weeks we'll have a new addition to the family and not long after my baby is here you're sister will have hers. My place will have to crying babies and a house full of angry people.

I laugh.

Me: I'm glad that it's only Evan and I here. We won't have to worry about having anyone else get crappy.

Lauren: You're pregnancy will be all over the movie that you're filming and there's going to be times when you're tired from all the work you're doing.

Me: I'll talk to the director when the time comes and I start to feel tired. I'm not going to work myself to the point of bed rest.

Lauren: Good. Now, do you have a pen?

Me: Yes,

Lauren: Write this address down.

She rattles off an address and I write it on the piece of paper.

Lauren: 11:30 is you're appointment. You have three hours to get here.

Me: Thanks Lauren.

Lauren: Bye,

She disconnects the call.

I place my phone on the counter as Evan walks into the kitchen.

He looks at me. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, Lauren had a client cancel their appointment and she put me in for the wedding planning."

A smile spreads across his face. "I'm looking forward to marrying you in November. I can't believe the director would give us time off to get married and have a honeymoon."

I place my hand around his waist and hug him. "The director likes me. That's why we're taking time off the set. It's because of him that I get to act alongside my fiancé in an upcoming blockbuster."

He kisses the top of my head. "I'll drop you off at Lauren's office. I need to see Knox and from what I heard he doesn't live too far from the office."

I walk over to the fridge and pull out a the buttermilk. "Do you want buttermilk pancakes?"

"Sure," he walks over to the cupboard. "I'll make them. You can relax in the living room if you want."

I shake my head. "I think I'll stay in the kitchen and watch you cook."

My phone goes off with a text from Charlie.