The Party Part II

He puts the glass down and looks at me. "I don't want to spend a night away from you. It was too long when I stuffed things up when it came to..." he trails off.

***

Looking behind me I see what caught his attention and I see the host with Jai, Chloe and Riker.

They are laughing at something that Riker said.

Chloe looks around the room and her eyes land on me. She whispers something to Jai and she walks over to me. "Hey, Ariana." She looks at Evan. "Evan."

He nods. "Chloe,"

"Hi, Chloe." I see Jai's eyes on her as we talk. I lower my voice and say. "He's watching you."

Chloe laughs. "I know. Everywhere we go he has to keep an eye on me. He's afraid that I'm going to get hurt." She takes my hand let's dance. I love this song."

I look at Evan. "Do you mind?"

Evan shakes his head. "Have fun, baby." He kisses my cheek and then I'm pulled to the dance floor.

Chloe and I sway our hips and move our hands to the beat of the music. We start to sing along to the song, very offkey might I add.

I feel eyes watching us and I turn towards Evan and see him standing with Jai.

Both of them are talking as they watch us.

Chloe and I dance a few few songs without Evan and Jai.

Chloe yells. "Let's get the guys on the dance floor."

"Okay," I yell over the music and we walk across the room.

As we get closer to the guys a fight breaks out in front of us and a guy crashes into us.

Riker grabs Chloe and I before we can fall and he moves us away from the fight.

When I look back to where Evan and Jai were standing we don't see them.

Where's Evan?

Riker pulls us away from the fight and we find a place to sit in a corner.

Looking back at the fight I see the sandy blonde hair of Evan and the dark hair of Jai.

I point at the fight. "There they are."

Chloe shakes her head. "I hate it when he gets involved in fights, but they're normally started by people that hurt me and that guy crashed into us when he was pushed."

Riker looks at Chloe and I. "Are you alright?"

She nods. "I'm fine."

"Me, too." I tell them.

Riker looks back at the fight. "I'm going to break up the fight." He walks over to where the Jai and Evan are. He pulls them away from the fight, but a right hook connects with Riker's face. He tackles the guy and they fall into another group of people.

Chloe stands up as Jai is punched in the face.

I stand next to her. "Don't go over there. Someone will break up the fight soon."