36.

A couple minutes later, Charlie walks into the dining room with the pregnancy test in her hand and her face is pale. "I'm..." before she can get the words out she collapse and Jasper just makes it to her before her head can hit the floor.

I walk over to her and see...

***

Two lines on the stick.

She's pregnant.

Jasper looks on the ground and he sees the test. He holds Charlie in his arms. "She's pregnant." He announces to the room.

Knox walks over to his brother and places his hand on his shoulder. "Congrats, brother."

"We should take her to the hospital."

Knox looks at me. "Lauren's on the phone to our doctor. He'll be here soon to look at her. Whenever someone here gets sick we like to deal the same Doctor and that includes the woman of this house.

"But..."

Lauren walks over to me with her phone in her hand. "He has two Doctors. I called the female one. She deals with pregnancies. When I had my son I told Knox that I wasn't going to let a male check me out. He had. I choice, but to hire someone for me."

"Dinner next weekend at my parents place will be a lot more interesting."

Lauren laughs. "I wish I was there to see what you're brother are like."

Evan moves over to me and he wraps his arms around me. "

"They're not that welcoming. I remember all the stuff I went through when I first became friends with her in kindergarten. It still gives me nightmares."

I hit his arm. "It wasn't that bad."

He laughs. "You call putting worms in my meat pie wasn't bad. They were wiggling while the inside of the pie was hot."

Lauren and I laugh.

Knox looks at us. "It was worst when a girl met our father. He used to pull a gun on them and point it at their heads. He said. "Are you sure you want to join this family?" I had a girlfriend that literally peed on the floor and I swear she even shit herself. She got out of the house quick smart."

I shake my head. "I don't blame her. Who would expect their boyfriends father to pull a gun on them. Let me guess. It was probably to see if the girl is worthy of the Family?"

Jasper stands up with Charlie in his arms. "It was." He looks at his brother. "I'm glad that Knox put an end to that bastards life." He walks out of the room.

Knox looks at the ground.

I wasn't expecting that to come out of his mouth.

They should really keep family matters to themselves.

It's like they keep forgetting that they met me less than two hours ago.

When Charlie wakes up I'm going to go home.

Evan's phone starts to ring and he excuses himself. He walks out of the room and stops near the front door.