House Warming Party Part I

Evan is waiting on the steps as soon as I park the car in front of the mansion. He opens the door for me.

I step out and look at him. "What's going on, Evan?"

"Did you get a call from Bethany's doctor?"

I nod. "I told him that I wasn't going. What did you tell him?"

"I told him the same. Whatever she has to say isn't important to me." He wraps his arms around me. "The person that's important to me is in my arms and she carrying my baby."

I tilt my head back a bit. "Good answer, Mr Wilson." Looking at the cars still on our driveway I ask. "Are we going to have a house warming party?"

"Yes," he looks back at the house. "I told them while we were putting the stuff into the house that we want them here for dinner. You can invite Xanthe and Yasmin over if you want."

"I did that before I left the office to come here. Is Lauren coming over?"

Knox walks out the door at that moment. "Yes, she is. I'm going to get her and our son. I think it's time that our friends meet our son. We've kept him away from you long enough." He looks at Charlie. "Jasper's inside waiting for you. He told me that he hates it when you go out with him."

She laughs. "He keeps thinking that my water will break if he's not around me." Charlie looks at me. "I hope Evan won't be like that." She walks away leaving us to laugh.

Knox climbs into his car and he pulls out of the driveway.

Evan takes my hand. "Are you ready to see our fully furnished house?"

"Yes,"

He opens the door and we step inside.

The floors are wooden and they are shining from them being polished recently.

To the left is a double staircase with wooden railings that lead to the second floor and a chandelier is hanging from the ceiling.

There's a white carpet placed on the stairs

A table is placed between the stairs with a some fake flowers in a vase.

The living room faces the ocean and its going to have a great view of the sunset

There's a fireplace to the right of the window.

An L shape couch is placed close to the flatscreen tv that's mounted to the wall.

Taking a closer look at the couch I see that there's two reclining chairs and a smile spreads across my face.

Turning towards Evan I say. "I love the couch."

He takes my hand and he opens the door that leads to a deck where we'll be able to watch the sunset. "When you're not pregnant anymore I'm going to get a bottle of champagne and share it with my beautiful girl while we watch the sunset."