The Red Carpet

Evan and I walk into Butler Industries.

A girl behind the desk looks up and a smile spreads across her face. "Good afternoon, Miss Houston."

"Hey, Chrissy. Are Yasmin and Xanthe in?"

"Yes, they just go back from a meeting across town. They're expecting you."

"Thanks," I press the button for the lift and wait for it open.

The door opens and we walk in.

I press the button for the photo shoot floor.

Evan and I talk until the door opens.

Xanthe and Yasmin are waiting by the lift when we step out.

Yasmin grabs my arms. "They're waiting for you, Ariana." She pulls me away from Evan.

"I'll see you soon, Evan." I wave at him as I'm pulled through a door.

Two girls that look identical are standing next to each other and they walk over to me.

The first one has blonde hair that reaches her shoulders and she has pink streaks through the hair. She taller than the other by a couple cm. She has blue eyes and tanned skin. She holds her hand out to me. "Charlotte and she points to her sister and this is Carlie."

I shake Charlotte's hand. "I'm Ariana Houston."

"We know." Carlie says. She holds her out to me. "Can we get a photo with you when we're done."

Carlie is shorter than her twin. She has blonde hair that reaches her back and she has black streaks through her hair. Her make-up is heavy applied.

I look at Yasmin. "Are they normally this professional." I say with sarcasm dripping through my comment.

Yasmin laughs. "No, they're not. Normally they would hurry with everyone so they can go out and drink. When I told them that a close friend of mine needed to get help getting ready for a movie award show they wanted to help. I couldn't turn them away."

Charlotte grabs my arm and she pulls me to the chair. "Do you have any ideas how you want your hair?"

"Yes," looking at her I say. "I want my hair be elegant, but simple at the same time. My fiancé mouth needs to drop open when he looks at me. For my make-up I don't want it to be caked on. Light is the way to go with my make-up." I tell.

The girls get to work on me.

I close my eyes as my hair is getting pulled and prodded by Charlotte.

I really hate my hair being long. It hurts every time the girl tugs the comb through it.

***

A couple hours later the girls have finished my hair and I look in the mirror.

My hair is piled on top of my head with a butterfly clip in it. A strand of hair is curled around my face.

The make-up is lightly applied like I asked. She put a smokey eye look on me and it looks perfect.

"Thank you, ladies." I hug them.

Yasmin walks into the room and she looks at me. "You look beautiful. Evan's mouth will drop when he see's you." She pulls me out of the room and she she leads me to the room that the dress is in.

The dress is hanging from one of the trolleys where the twins keep their dresses.

Yasmin walks over to the bag with my name on it and she unzips the bag pulling the dress out. She holds it out to me. "It's time for you to get dress. The limo will be here shortly to pick Evan and you up.