25.

Ariana looks at me

Ariana looks at me. "You can tell everyone the story. I'd love to hear it from you."

My mouth opens and closes a couple of times.

My family are going to hate the way I tell them this story, but it's about time that I show everyone that I'm not perfect and it was choice to let Bethany pull me away from the girl I've been best friends with forever.

Looking at my family I say. "On the first day of college I helped Ariana take her things up to her room. There we met her roommate, Bethany. She was kind at first."

Ariana walks to a vacant seat and she sits.

I don't think she wants the attention on her as I continue.

"Bethany was nice at first, but after a couple of weeks she changed. She was flirting with me and then eventually she told me how she felt."

Ariana's going to be hurt by what I have to say next.

"She told me that she loved me and I was starting to develop feelings for her as well."

Ariana looks down at the table without saying anything.

I can tell that I've hurt her and I feel really bad about it.

"Bethany and I started to pull away from the group of friends that we had and that included Ari."

Mom doesn't look happy at all. She and the rest of my family are waiting patiently for me to finish the story.

I look over at my bother who was released from hospital a couple hours ago and he nods for me to continue. "A couple months into our relationship Bethany became obsessed with Ariana and the possibility of her breaking us apart. It got that bad that I had to either choose between my girlfriend or best friend."

Ariana looks at me and I make sure that she can see the sincerity in my eyes as I say. "I chose wrong. It shouldn't have been Bethany that I stayed with. It should have been you."

Grandma Lucille picks up a breadroll and she throws it at me and it hits me in the head.

She's got good aim for an old bag.

"Grandma Lucille."

She puts her hand in the bread bowl. "You deserved that. I can't believe my Grandson chose some tart over..." she points at Ariana. "A beautiful woman like Ariana Houston."

Ariana smiles at her. "Thanks Grandma Lucille."

She mouths. "You're welcome."