2.

On the way to the parking lot I feel my phone vibrate in my handbag. I stop in the hall and go through it, until I find my phone. It's at the bottom of the bag. Pulling it out I see "Mum" flash across the screen.

She normally doesn't text anyone unless it's something to do with the way my brothers, sisters and I have acted in public.

I didn't do anything wrong.

I open the text from Mum.

She wasn't supposed to learn about the engagement that way

She wasn't supposed to learn about the engagement that way. I wanted to be the one to tell her and Dad. Sometimes I really hate Evan being in the public eye.

I reply back to Mum and we text back and forth for a bit.

I look at Evan. "We're having dinner with my parents tomorrow night. So, we have all day and night to make it look like we're in love before we see my family. You know my parents hate it when people act fake."

He gulps. "Looks like I'll be watching some terrible chick flicks with you. If you make me watch Fifty Shades, I'll be walking out of the house."

I laugh.

I'll save that movie for last.

"There's other movies we can watch. I think The Wedding Date will be right up your alley, though" I put the phone back into my bag and walk to the car.

At the car Evan opens the door for me. "At least you don't need to train me to be a gentleman." He waits for me to climb in before he closes the door.

I buckle my seatbelt and wait for him to climb in.

He pulls out of the parking lot. "What do you want for lunch? Should we go to a restaurant or should we get something to go?"

The last time we were in a public place he proposed and everyone believed it was a proper proposal for me. I think it's best that we go home.