House Warming Party Part II

Evan POV

After Ariana and Charlie left we started to place furniture in the bedroom that I will be sharing with Ariana.

While Shawn and Brad concentrated on the baby's room.

They want to surprise Ariana with their designing skill.

I just hope they don't ruin the room that I picked out for the baby.

The bedroom will be next to Ariana and mine.

There's a door that connects the two rooms together.

The entire house has floorboards, that have been polished.

The previous owners took good care of this place and the price they asked for was reasonable.

They moved to London a couple weeks after I bought the place to be closer to their daughter who was pregnant.

Knox is helping me carry the bed frame into the room. He puts it on the floor. "Are you going to have a house warming party?"

"I don't know. Why?"

He looks at the door. "You've got everyone here helping you out. You might as well have a party since we're all together."

"Okay," I look at him. "Can Lauren organise something with short notice?"

"I'm not sure, but I'll give her a call." He pulls his phone out of his pocket and he puts it on loudspeaker.

Lauren: Hey, baby. I thought you were helping Evan move?

Knox: I am, but I have a question for you.

Lauren: Okay,

Knox: Can you organise caterers for tonight?

Lauren: Probably, I'll give my best caterer a call and I'll let you know. Is this for a party at Evan's.

Me: Yes, it is. Sorry for the short notice.

Lauren: Knox was probably the one that told you since you had everyone helping you should throw a party and thank them for helping.

Me: You're right. He did.

Lauren: I'll call you back.

She hangs up the phone.

Knox smiles. "I know the caterer she's calling and she'll drop anything to help us out."

Knox and I walk out of the room and grab more stuff from the moving truck.

While Knox and I are carrying the chest to my room his phone starts to ring.

"I have to answer it. It's probably Lauren."

We put the chest down and he answers the phone.

Knox: Hey, Laz. Can Krisitin do the party?

Lauren: Yes, she can. Just give me all the details for the party and I will let her know. Is anyone allergic to anything?

Me: No, but can you make sure she can cater for pregnant woman. I don't want Ari, Charlie and you to eat something you're not supposed.

Lauren: aw, you're so sweet, Evan. My son Nero will be coming over.

A smile spreads across my face.

Me: I can't wait to meet he little guy.

I give her the details of the party before Knox hangs up.