5

Evan

During dinner Ariana's phone starts to ring. She looks at the caller ID before she says. "Excuse me. I need to take this call." She stands up and walks out of the room.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and go through the photos that I have saved on my camera roll.

There's a picture of Bethany and I standing in front of the Statue of Liberty. I have my arms wrapped around her waist and a smile is on our faces.

Flipping to the next picture Bethany and I are kissing.

My phone begins to vibrate and "Bethany" flashes across the screen.

I answer the call.

Me: Hey, Bethany.

Bethany: Hey, baby. How's everything going?

Me: Good, I just landed the lead role in a romantic comedy.

Bethany: That's great. When do you start filming?

Me: In a couple of weeks.

Bethany: Can you come to London this weekend? I want to see you.

I rub the back of my neck.

Me: I don't know, Bethany. There's a few things I need to do before I have to be on set for the movie.

Bethany: Please? Besides what do you have to do before you go onto the movie set?

Me: I have been asked to model for a few clothing lines.

Bethany: How did you get the work? I have been trying to find someone in LA to model for.

Me: Ariana helped me land the job. She's a...

Bethany cuts me off.

Bethany: I don't want to hear that girls name. Nothing good comes out from knowing her. She can ruin your career. 

Me: No, she won't. She can lead me to other opportunities that I never thought I could do.

Bethany: I don't want to talk about her.

I hear her talking in a hushed tone to someone.

Bethany: I have to go. My manager wants to see me. See you on Saturday, baby.

She makes kissing noises and then hangs up the phone.

I don't want to go to London for the weekend. I hope there's an opportunity for me to stay here instead of watching Bethany on the runway.

Whenever I go to the runway shows she's always talking to her manager and laughing with him.

Sometimes I wonder if something is going on between.

Where is Ari?

I walk through the house calling her name, when she doesn't reply I decide to look in the kitchen.

Opening the door to the kitchen I see Ari talking with the kitchen hands. I look at her. "We should finish dinner." I take her hand and we walk out of the kitchen.

She sitsacross from me. "Xanthe wants to see us tomorrow. I think she wants you to be the new face of her new line."

"How do you feel about that?" I ask her.

"To be honest. I would love to see you more at the office. You look hot in a suit." Her face begins to flush and she looks away from me. "You should wear them more often."