Reconnected

Lacey Jerome is an artist that travels the world selling her paintings to survive

Lacey Jerome is an artist that travels the world selling her paintings to survive. Jordan Michaels is a professional basketball player. The two haven't seen each other in five years, since she walked out on her husband. But, after a Life altering experience, Lacey returns home to reconnect with her loved ones and Jordan.

****

Here's an excerpt from the story

There's a knock on the front door and I walk over to it. I see Jordan's basketball coach standing on the other side of the door.

Opening the door I greet him. "Hey, Coach. What can I do for you?"

"Can I have a word with you? It's about Jordan."

I open the door wider and let him enter the house. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"No, thanks. I'm fine."

I lead him to the living room and take a seat on the couch.

Coach sits across from me. "I need you to leave Jordan. He has great opportunities coming his way and you seem to in the way of it."

"I'm married to him. I can't just up and leave him."

Coach puts money on the table for me. "You have to leave. If you don't I will have people come here while Jordan's at practise and I'll show you how much I mean what I'm saying." He stands up from the couch. "Have a good day."

I watch coaches retreating back as he walks out the door.

What am I going to do.