37.

Two weeks later

I was in the hospital for a week and a half after I got shot at The Moretti mansion.

Evan spent a lot of time at my bedside when he wasn't onset for his movie.

I told him when I woke up after passing out from the bullet wound that he had to go to work.

He was reluctant to go in and he wanted to call his manager and tell her that he couldn't do the movie because I was in hospital.

*Flashback*

I looked to my left to see Evan asleep on the chair. "Evan,"

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "You're awake?"

"Yeah," I hold my hand out to him and he takes it. "You should go home and get some sleep. You're working in the morning."

He shook his head. "I can't work knowing that you're in here."

I move my hand from his. "If you don't go to work tomorrow I will leave you."

"You can't." He sits on the bed next to me. "I can't lose you. I thought I did tonight and I don't think I'll be able to survive if I do lose you."

"Go to work and put on the best performance you can. You'll be glad to have something to distract you." I kiss his cheek. "I love you. That's why I need you to go work. If you miss this opportunity you're going to refret it for the rest of your life. This project will make or break your career."

"Okay, I get. This is important to you isn't it?"

"Yes, don't forget I'll be by for a photo shoot when I get out of hospital."

*End Flashback*

After I was shot my family changed the day for dinner with Charlie's boyfriend.

She didn't want to have a family dinner without me there.

Mom and Dad weren't happy when we told them that someone ambushed The Moretti house and I was shot.

Charlie doesn't want our parents to know that she's marrying into the Mafia, but my brothers do.

When they found out I was shot they confronted Jasper and Knox and things weren't pretty.

They put The Moretti Brother's in hospital and they told them that they could have done more to protect me.

Knox told us that he was going to add more security to the place and have more than five men make their rounds around the property.

He apologised to me profusely about what happened and I told him that it wasn't his fault.

He insisted it was and that he wants to do more to protect my family.

We still don't know who found their way onto the property.

From the meeting Evan and Knox have had over the last two weeks they know who did it, but they don't want to tell me.

Lauren seems to be keeping quiet about it too.

It's like she knows something, but she can't tell me.

She doesn't want to lose the trust of her husband and I don't blame her. She seems the type that would rather protect her friends from stuff that would hurt them.