15

"Yeah," I put the last dish into the rack and I walk over to Evan who has his arm open for me. I step into his arm. I whisper. "Charlie, wants to ask you something."

Evan looks at my sister and he says. "What do you want to ask me?"

She moves over to us and she looks around the kitchen. "I would love to cook dinner for Ariana and you one night." She gushes. "I just love this kitchen."

A smile spreads across Evan's face. "I love it too." He kisses the top of my head. "Yes, you can cook for us one night. The kitchen will be all yours. If you need help there will be someone around to help out."

She runs over to Evan and pushes me out of the way. "Thank you," she hugs him. "You're the best future brother-in-law in the world."

Evan laughs. "I try to be." He holds his hand out to me. "We really need to leave now. I wouldn't keep Xanthe waiting."

I place my small hand in his and we walk to the garage where he grabs the keys for the black Audi R8 that I love so much.

He holds the key out to me. "You're driving."

I take the key from him and climb into the drivers seat. "You're trusting me to drive you around?"

He nods. "Sure, if you cause an accident the paparazzi will know about it. They've been hanging outside the house since your siblings arrived."

Why didn't they tell me about them?

I pull the Audi R8 out of the garage and drive down the driveway.

Adam is at the gate and he smiles when he sees me. "Good morning, Ariana. How are you this morning?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Same." He nods at Evan. "Good morning, Sir. I didn't see you there."

Evan has a bemused look on his face. "That's no problem, Adam. I've seen you've taken a liking to my new guest."

He laughs. "We all prefer this one over the rotten supermodel anyway."

Evan shakes his head. "I could fire you for that comment, but I can tell if I did Ari, would have a lot to say about it."

Of course I would.

The gates open.

"Bye, Adam." I pull out of the driveway.

Photographers take photos as I drive past them.

In the rear view mirror I see a few of them jump into their cars and follow us through the streets of LA.

I stop at a red stoplight and I see flashes from the cameras.

Evan looks at me. "You can go you know."

I shake my head. "I can't see properly, Evan. The flashes from the cameras have effected my eyes."

"I'll drive then." Evan takes off his seatbelt and he's about to move me when a police car stops next to us.