38.

Jasper pulls his Mercedes Benz into the driveway of my parents place.

The security guard steps out of his booth and he approaches the car.

I pull down my window. "Eric,"

A smile spreads across his face. "Miss Houston. It's good to see you. Who's car are you in?"

Jasper pulls his window down. "Hey, man. I'm Jasper Moretti and I'm a guest of Charlie's."

"Hi, Charlie." Eric blushes as he looks at my sister."

He's always had a crush on her. He gets hurt whenever he sees a new guy with her.

Eric looks at me. "You're parents are waiting for you." He opens the gate for us.

"Bye, Eric." I wave at him as the car pulls away from the gate.

When the car parks in front of the house Mom runs out the door screaming. "They're here."

Before I can open my door Mom has it open and she hugs. "Why are you excited to see me?" I ask her. Looking at Charlie and Jasper. "Shouldn't you be more excited about meeting your other daughter's boyfriend? Not the daughter that was shot a week and half ago."

Mom slaps my good shoulder. "You didn't visit me after you were discharged from the hospital."

"I was tired, Mom. Do you know how hard it is to sleep at the hospital? All night I had to listen to machines beeping and nurses waking us up so they could check on us."

Mom takes a step away from me. "I've never been in hospital for as long as you."

Charlie walks over to her and hugs her. "Hey, Mom." She holds her hand out to Jasper. "I want you to meet my boyfriend Jasper."

Jasper smiles at her. "Good evening, Mrs Houston." He extends his hand. "It's nice to meet you."

Mom ignores his hand and gives him a hug instead. "It's nice to meet you too." She looks between Charlie and him. "You make my daughter happy."

Jasper hugs Charlie to him. "She makes me happy."

Mom looks at me and I can tell that she wants to bring up what happened to me at his place, but she doesn't want him to think bad of her.

Dad walks outside and he greets Jasper.

Shawn and Bradley walk out of the house a little while later and they walk over to Jasper.

They introduce themselves to Jasper before the walk over to me.

Shawn pulls me into his side. "Where's Evan?"

"He's running late. It's not a five second job he does. To make a movie it takes a lot of time and effort."

"You sound like you have experience on a set."

I laugh. "No, I just listen to Evan complain about how many takes he needs to do until the scene in perfect on the directors eyes."

Mom ushers us inside the house and we sit in the living room as my parents ask Jasper questions.

Evan shows up at my parents just before dinner is served. He apologies to everyone for being late.