47

For the last three nights I have been having problems sleeping.

My mind keeps racing with all the things I have learnt about Bethany and what she wants to do to me.

Evan is worried about me and he wants to confront my brother.

I have to keep telling him not to cause any more problems for me.

Evan's arms are wrapped around me as we lie in the bed in the spare room. "She's coming home in two days."

I tense up in his arms. "I know, Evan." Turning around in his arms I look into his eyes and say. "I want to tell you who the father is, but right now doesn't seem like the right moment. I will tell you before we go to the party at your parents place. I have a feeling that Bethany wants to throw that information in your face."

He sighs. "I don't like that you've kept the father a secret from me, but you have a reason to protect him."

I touch his face. "I can't be protecting him well, Evan. He doesn't know and he will find out at the party and I think it might hurt him."

"He will forgive you. You went through enough at that time."

"I've had years to tell him about it, but I thought it would be better that what he doesn't know would make him happier. When he finds out the 'what if's' will play in his mind. I've been thinking about the 'what if's' for years and it still hurts me to this day."

He kisses me. "Let's make happier memories and see of this me Doctor is wrong about you conceiving."

I hope he's wrong, but it's been fun practising with him.

I will be ecstatic if it works for us.

***

After our romp in bed we walk to the bathroom and step into the shower.

Evan pushes me against the wall and he kisses me as the water cascades down on us.

I pull away from him. "Can you wash my hair?"

He picks up the shampoo off the rack in the shower and he washes my hair for me.

It feel good to have someone else do that for me.

I move under the shower head and tip my head back as the shampoo washes out of my hair.

Taking the shampoo off the shelf I do the same for Evan.

After we've cleaned our bodies Evan steps out of the shower and he grab two towels.

He holds one out for me and step in front of and he wraps it around me.

I walk into the bedroom and pull out a sundress from the closet and a white pair of matching underwear.

Quickly changing I say to Evan. "I'll see you in the kitchen." I run out the door and start to make waffles for breakfast.

Evan usually beats me to making breakfast, but this morning I'm in the mood for waffles.

Looking around the kitchen I see the waffle machine on top of the cupboard.

Why does he have to put it up that high?

I jump on the counter and reach for the waffle machine. I feel my dress rise as I reach up for it.

"What are you doing?" Evan yells, walking into the kitchen.

"Trying to get the waffle machine."

Evan walks behind me and he wraps his arms around my waist. "Call me when you want something that you can't reach." He put me on the ground and he pulls the machine down.