Fear

A red dot appears on my shirt.

Oh, shit. This is my end.

***

Fear.

That's all I feel at this moment in time. I can't comprehend anything that's going on and it seems like my body is frozen to the spot.

Looking out the window I see a guy with the rifle aimed at me.

His finger is on the trigger.

"Everyone get down." Knox yells.

My phone drops on the floor as I continue to look at the guy across the road with his rifle.

When I don't move Knox wraps his arms around me and tackles me to the ground. He makes sure that I don't land on my stomach and that is whole body hits the floor.

The bullet hits the wall behind us.

Knox shakes me. "Ariana?"

"What's wrong with her?" Lauren asks crawling over to us.

Hearing someone crawl over to me I look into the blue eyes of my younger sister. "Ariana?"

Shaking my head to clear it I reply. "Yeah,"

A faint smile appears on her face. "Are you alright?"

"I am thanks to Knox." Sighing I say to her. "I need you to get out Nashville it's not safe with you being pregnant."

Charlie grabs my hand. "I'm not the only one pregnant." She looks at Lauren and I.

Knox looks at Lauren. "She's right, baby. I think it's best that you leave with Jasper."

Looking at both woman I say. "When I get back to Los Angeles you two will be the first people that I see."

"Promise?" Charlie asks.

I hold my pinkie out to her and she wraps hers around mine. "I pinkie promise, Charlie."

"Be safe, Ariana. I don't want to hear that you lost dot."

Placing my hand on my stomach. "I'll do everything to keep this one. I can't let Bethany take another baby from me. If she did I don't think I'll be able to survive another loss."

I see my phone on the ground and I pick it up.

Shawn is no longer on the line.

I'll call him when I get out of here.

Hans walks into the room in his army gear. "I got the guys that shot at you, Ariana. I have to move you to the farm now."

I hug Charlie and Lauren before I'm dragged out of the room by Hans.

Knox follows closely behind us.

When we get to the car Hans opens the door for us and I climb in.

I call Shawn.