7.

At the office Evan and I step out of the car. He places his hand in mine as we make our way into the office.

When I open the door to the conference room I see Xanthe, Rafael and Yasmin sitting behind the desk.

Xanthe looks at Rafael. "I want you to meet my photographer..." she cut off by Rafael.

"Ariana and Evan. It's been a while."

She looks between us. "You know each other?"

"Yeah, we went to school together." Rafael tells her. He looks at me. "I want you to do the photo shoots for my clothing line. I heard you were LA's best photographer.I went over everything with Xanthe and she's willing to lend you to me."

I look at Xanthe. "Can I talk to you outside."

She nods and follows me out the door.

I close the door. "Are you alright with me working with him."

She leans against the wall. "No, but you're the best person for the job. I'll have to deal with seeing my Ex Husband around the office when he comes by for the photo shoots."

I didn't know she was married. Well this is a nice change of events. I wonder what happened between them?

"Don't ask why we didn't work out, cause I won't be telling you. I have to make a schedule for the shoots for our campany and he'll have to make one for his. He will also be paying for the studio and you're wages when you do his photo shoots. We spoke about the finer things while you weren't around."

I open the door and walk into the room.

Rafael and Evan are talking like they were best friends.

In high school they never spoke to each other.

Yasmin looks at me as I enter the room again. "Are you aright?

I nod.

Taking a seat across from them we talk about what's going to happen since I will be working for two respectable designers as their photographer.

"What are you going to do about models? You can't use the same people for both lines."

Xanthe and Yasmin look at Evan. "We want Evan." They say together.

"No, I want him." Rafael yells.

They start arguing over who Evan is going to model for.

Evan looks at me and he mouths. "Stop them."

I slam my hand on the table and they turn in my direction. "You are discussing who gets Evan. Why don't you ask him what he wants. You invited him here to offer him a job not to fight over who is going to have him."

Xanthe leans forward. "Evan, what do you want?"

Evan looks at me before he answers. He takes a deep breath. "I don't want to hurt either of you, so what I'm going to do is model for both of your magazines. In a couple of weeks I won't be able to model as much as I have to be on set for a movie."

Xanthe's eyes widen and she gets a lusty look in her eyes. "Please, tell me more about this movie you're going to star in?"

He looks around the room. "It's a romantic comedy. I thought it would be a great career move to do a different genre. People are going to look at me differently when they see the comedy. They will know I can be funny as well. I'm not just the action type of guy." He wraps his arms around me. "I'm funny aren't I?"

"Funny looking, yeah. I think your funny side needs a little work." I tease.

"Why you little," he starts tickling me.

I start laughing.

Yasmin gives me the thumbs up behind everyone's back.

It looks like I get her approval of how we should be acting together when it comes to the fake engagement. All Evan I have to do is get through dinner at my parents place.

"Okay, fine. Evan, you're a funny guy."

He stops tickling me. "That's all I had to hear." Evan looks at everyone. "Sorry, about that. The only way to get her to agree with me is to tickle her."

"Xanthe, Yasmin, you need to hire more models for the photo shoots." I turn to Rafael. "You need to do the same. I don't want to use the same models for both photoshoots."

Rafael shifts in his seat. "Evan, do you have any friends that want to model?"

"You can ask a few of them when they come to your party on Saturday." Evan says.

"I think I will."

Xanthe looks at Rafael. "You're having a party?"

"Yeah, I am." He turns toward her. "Would Yasmin and you like to come?"

"Yes," Xanthe says. "It's been awhile since I've been to a party that you've thrown."

Rafael smiles. "We used to have so much fun at the parties."

A phone starts to ring and everyone in the room checks their phone.

Yasmin smiles. "I have to take this call." He skips out of the room.

Xanthe clears her throat. "There's only one guy that can her smile like that."

"I never knew she had a guy."

Xanthe looks at the table. "She does. She doesn't see him often as he's in the army. She told me that he gets back this weekend. I think he's resigning from the army. He told her the last time he was here that he wants to start a family with her. She was happy that he wants what she wants as well."

Rafael looks at her. "Did you ever want that with me?"

Xanthe places her hand on his. "Of course I did, but you blew it when I caught you with that stripper."

"I didn't do anything with her. She lied to you and you took the word of a woman that shows all her parts to any guy that wants to have fun."

Xanthe balls her hands into fists and her face begins to turn red.

I grab Evan's hand. "We should get out of here I don't want to be around Xanthe when she goes off." We rush out of the room.

Yasmin hangs up the phone and she turns towards us. "Where is the Fire?"

"In the conference room."

"Shit! What did he do this time?"

"Xanthe told us that you're Army man wants to start a family and Rafael asked if she wanted one with him."

Yelling can be heard from the conference room. "I'll see you tomorrow, Yasmin. I have to prepare for my family meeting Evan as my fiancé."

She laughs. "Good luck with that. I have my sister and her Ex Husband to deal with now. I just hope the room isn't trashed." Yasmin opens the door to the conference room and something is thrown out of the room.

Evan laughs. "I hope I never have to deal with something like that."

"Don't ever do something with another girl while you're dating one. Then you can avoid something like that."

I think Evan's going to have problems when his girlfriend finds out about us.

He keeps telling me that she doesn't keep an eye on social media while she's overseas, but I think she secretly checks on him.

***