Brunch With The Wilson's

Evan pulls the car into the driveway of his parents place.

I grab his hand. "Who's going to be here today?"

A smile spreads across his face. "The usual people. It's a monthly brunch that Mom and Dad throw. It's going to be something that we do all the time."

"Okay," I look at the house and see  Lisa and Ethan waiting for us on the stairs.

Maybe they don't want to go on just yet.

Evan parks the car. He steps out and rounds the car. He opens the door for me and I step out.

I put my hand in his as we make our way to the stairs where Ethan is.

Ethan hugs me. "I'm glad you're here." He looks at the house. "I really don't want to walk into the house without you guys. Mom and Dad are ready to ask us when we plan to get married."

A smile spreads across my face. "Were getting married before the baby is due."

Evan looks at me. "How can we get married before the baby is born?"

I look at him. "Robert, he actually found time between our filming schedule for that to happen. We'll be able to have a honeymoon too. He's giving us a week off and there will be other people filming their scenes. He knew that I wanted to be married before our child was born."

Ethan wraps his arms around Lisa. "You two are making me look bad for not rushing down the aisle."

I place a hand on Evan's face. "Evan and I aren't really racing down the aisle. It's just the right timing for us. We have been friends forever and it took us awhile to figure out that we were going to be happy when we're together."

Ethan pats his brothers back. "He always looked miserable when he was around that witch he was with before you came along. Now, we can't stop seeing him smile. The only time that we put up with him being depressed was when you wanted him to stay away from you. He even moved in with Mom and Dad because the mansion was too big without you in it."

I laugh.

Evan's face turns red with embarrassment. He groans. "Shut up, Ethan."

The front door opens and Evan's Mom walks out the door. She looks at us. "What are you doing out here? The party is in there."

Ethan looks at us. "Lisa and I were waiting for Evan and Ariana we wanted to ask them something."

"Really?" She asks. "I hope it was about the wedding. Both my boys are engaged and they seem to be in no hurry to walk down the aisle."

Evan takes my hand and we walk up the stairs. "Mom, we'll talk about that over brunch. I'm sure you want to know what's going on with Ariana and I."

Mrs Wilson opens the door and we step into the house. She ushers us to the backyard where the food is already on the table. "Look at who I found procrastinating on our front step."

Everyone is at the table talking and they don't really pay attention to us.

"No, we weren't." Ethan says, lying to his mother.

She purses her lips and then turns her attention to Evan. Loudly she announces. "Evan, has something that he'd like to announce to the family."

Everyone at the table quieten down and they turn their attention to him.

Evan rubs the back on his neck and he stays silent as the group watch him. He whispers. "You tell them."

I clear my throat. "As all of you know Evan and I will be starting to film a new movie soon. During the time of filming the director has given us time off in November. So, the wedding will be on Friday 10th November. Then Evan and I will have a week off for our honeymoon."