20.

"Bethany was never pregnant

"Bethany was never pregnant. She stole the test from Ariana after she pushed her down the stairs." I wipe my face. "Everything that's gone wrong in my life is because of that girl."

Mom comforts me after I tell her that. "I'm so sorry, Evan. I wish I could all this pain from you."

A small smile spreads across my face. "In some way I'm glad that she was never going to have my child. Then I wouldn't be able to have a chance with Ariana."

She cups my face. "If Ariana's baby survived would you have been a father to that child?"

"Yes,"

I would have helped her out anyway I could and I actually mean that.

A doctor walks out of the double doors and he stops to talk to Mom.

After a couple minutes, the doctor and Mom walk away from me.

I am sitting in the sitting room when Whitney approaches me.

She's wearing a pants suit and I can see the lining where her gun is hidden.

Whitney is an FBI agent that's been friends with Shawn since he was in University.

They kept in touch after they graduated, but after he found his sister at the bottom of the stairs he called her and she decided to look into what was happening.

A couple weeks before I met with Ariana again I was approached by Whitney and a group of FBI Agents and they told me about Bethany hiring an assassin to kill Ariana.

At that moment I knew that I had to protect the woman that I always loved me the only way that I could do that was to propose to her.

Shawn and Bradley are leaning against the wall.

Whitney places her hand on top of mine. "You can't do anything rash, Evan. Like flying to Paris and confront her about what you saw. If you do you will be putting her life in further danger." Her eyes soften when she looks at Shawn. "Her brothers have put a lot of work into bringing that woman to justice for the crimes she committed against their sister. If you're still willing to do everything it takes to keep her safe. You will go home and forget about what you saw." She whispers something in my ear. "You will have to continue making Ariana think that your in love with Bethany. I know that it will continue to hurt her thinking that you love the woman that hurt her, but it will keep Ariana safer a little longer until I can bring that woman back to the States. Right now my team and I can't fly out of the country and arrest her as there's someone else working closely wit my her and I need to find that person."