Christmas

3 ½ weeks Later

Evan and I have been home for the last three and a half weeks. We have been busy with filming our movie and spending time together that we haven't had time to spend with our family and friends.

I promised Xanthe and Yasmin that I will meet up with them for New Years and that we'd go somewhere for a night out with our partners, but I don't know where we're going just yet.

I hope that someone will come up with somewhere to go. Otherwise, I'm going to plan a party at my place. It won't be as good as going out though. I just really need a night away from the house I share with Evan.

There's a knock on the door and I don't feel like getting out bed. "Evan," I kick my foot to the side of the bed where Evan should be and I don't make contact with him.

Where is he?

I open my eyes and see a note on his pillow. I pick up the piece of paper and read it.

Ariana,

I am in the kitchen preparing dinner for tonight's family gathering. I just hope that I don't burn anything.

Love

Evan
Xxxx

The knocking continues and I climb out of bed. I make my way towards the stairs. I hold onto the banister as I walk down the stairs.

At times when I walk down the stairs I start to freak out as I remember falling down the stairs when I was pregnant when I was in college.

I let out a breath as I continue to walk down the stairs and then the doorbell starts to ring. Followed by a familiar voice. "Ariana, would you hurry up. It's freezing out here. Are you really going to let you're nephew freeze to death."

Opening the door I look at Jasper and Charlie. "Hey, Charlie." I pull her into a hug. "What are you doing here so early?"

Jasper looks at me. "Lauren's not feeling well and she told us it would be better if we didn't come over as she doesn't want us to get sick. She's looking out for our son." He walks over to Charlie and takes Mariano from her.

I open the door wider. "Come in." Looking at the closed kitchen door I say. "Evan's in the kitchen."

The smoke alarm starts beeping and I look my sister and Jasper. "I better check on my husband. He's probably burnt something."

Jasper laughs. "You shouldn't have let him in the kitchen."

Crossing my arms I look at him. "I didn't let him in the kitchen. I was fast asleep when he went in there. He didn't even hear the door when you were knocking."

I wobble to the door and push it open. I see even pull out a tin that has charcoaled muffins on it. "Do you need help?"

His face turns red as he places the tin on the counter. "I wanted to make breakfast for you." He runs his hand through his hair. "What are you doing down here?"

"Charlie and Jasper are here. They were pounding on the door and it woke me up. I would rather be in bed instead of having to entertain them, but it looks like sleep isn't an option now." I sit at the table and pick up a banana.

Evan turns the oven off. "Why don't you go back to bed and I'll get them to help me set up the place while you sleep a little longer. I don't want you on you're feet for too long anyway." He walks over to me and pulls my chair close to his. He leans forward and claims my lips.

My arms wrap around him and I deepen the kiss.

Mariano starts crying and I pull away from Evan. "Someone needs to show Charlie where she can put her son down for his nap."