New Years

I am standing in front of the mirror in the bedroom and I look at the dress I'm wearing.

It feels a bit tight around my stomach. I walk over to the closet and go through my clothes.

I don't have anything to wear to the party tonight.

Evan walks out of the bathroom and he sees me sitting on the bed. "What's wrong, Ariana?"

"I have nothing to wear. Everything in my closet is tight on me. I'm fat."

Evan climbs onto the bed with me and he wraps his arms around me. "You're pregnant, Ari. Not fat." He leans over the side of the bed. "I got something for you when I went to the mall the other day." He pulls a box out and gives it to me.

Opening the box I see a beautiful red dress that has a split up the side and next to that is a beautiful necklace, bracelet and earrings.

I fling my arms around him. "Thanks, Evan. It's perfect."

A smile spreads across his face. "I'm glad you like it."

I pull off the tight dress and fling it across the room.

Pulling out the red dress I quickly change into it.

It slides down easily and it's loose around my belly.

I walk over to the vanity and start applying make-up.

Evan's puts a tie on and he looks at me through the mirror. "You look beautiful, Ari." His phone goes off. "I'll be right back." He walks out the door.

I put on red lip stick and then looks for some perfume. I spray it on me and then grab my red purse from the closet.

I'm ready for the night to begin.

Evan returns to the room with two headbands that has New Years on it with 2018.

I take mine from him and place it on top of my head. "How does this look?"

"Great," he puts his on. "How does mine look?"

"You look like a dork." I take a step toward him and wrap my arms aroundhim. "You're my dork though."

He laughs. "I'm glad you think that."

Evan takes my hand and we walk to the waiting limo.

The door opens and I see Lauren inside with Knox, Charlie and Jasper.

"Hey," I climb into the limo and hug Lauren. "I'm glad you came."

A smile spreads across her face. "It took a lot for us to find someone that was willing to look after our sons. The men didn't want to be responsible for them and the woman didn't want to be blamed of something happened to our son. I told them that we'd pay them a thousand dollars to keep and eye on them. We have to be home by 1am or the babysitter will walk out." She looks at me. "Let's have fun tonight."

Charlie opens a bottle of wine and she gives a glass to everyone except me. She gives me a bottle of water. "Happy New Years."

"Happy New Years." We all cheer and clink glasses.

Charlie looks at the headband I'm wearing. "Do you have anymore of those bands?"

Evan pulls out a bag from his jacket pocket. "I thought you might want to wear one." He gives the bag to her and she places it on her head. "How do I look, Jasper?"

"Gorgeous," he gives one to Lauren. "I'm not going to wear it."

The time flies as we travel through Los Angeles to the club that's hidden away.